strange file: shpcsb.exe

This file seems to duplicate on my system a few times, and always delays the
shutdown of the system.

I know I can manually check what this file is, but I'm looking for someone
that may have a quick answer... who knows, I might actually need this file?

Hi,

I would suggest scanning for virus and malware infection.
Virus and Spyware removal and prevention
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

swooop wrote:
> This file seems to duplicate on my system a few times,
> and always delays the shutdown of the system.
>
> I know I can manually check what this file is, but I'm
> looking for someone that may have a quick answer... who
> knows, I might actually need this file?

Running a Google search did not produce anything..........have you tried
right clicking the file and looking at the Properties to determine what
proggy it is associated with??? Also, look in MSCONFIG, Startup tab, to
see if it is in your startup axis..... unchecking it may help with the
shutdown issue (if it does not replicate the entry and if nothing shows in
your virus scan, as Bert suggested).
Heirloom, old and really tired

"swooop" <swooop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This file seems to duplicate on my system a few times, and always delays
> the
> shutdown of the system.
>
> I know I can manually check what this file is, but I'm looking for someone
> that may have a quick answer... who knows, I might actually need this
> file?

Using at least one appendage, the entity known in this space-time continuum
as "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> revealed in news:e26b7e9kFHA.1416
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> have you tried
> right clicking the file and looking at the Properties to determine what
> proggy it is associated with???

Missed previous posts, so don't know what else suggested, but also try
viewing in a text or other viewer (NotePad, ListXP, QuickView etc), scroll
to the end (usually, but could be elsewhere) and read any text for
originator or Program name

--
Will Cornish of Cardigan, UK - No nastier than you; No filthier than usual

To EMail Remove Anti-Spam Spaces: filthy-mcnasty @ btconnect.com

Good idea, McNasty! To add to your list, one of my favorites is
FileAlyzer, free, from www.sysinternals.com .
Heirloom, old and works for me

as "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> revealed in news:unZXjF$kFHA.320
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> To add to your list, one of my favorites is
> FileAlyzer, free, from www.sysinternals.com

Thanks. Hadn't checked their excellent site recently. On my way now

--
Will Cornish of Cardigan, UK - No nastier than you; No filthier than usual

To EMail Remove Anti-Spam Spaces: filthy-mcnasty @ btconnect.com

Using at least one appendage, the entity known in this space-time continuum
as "Heirloom" <roland58XX@XXcox.net> revealed in news:unZXjF$kFHA.320
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> FileAlyzer, free, from www.sysinternals.com

Whoops, heirloom. From another excellent source entirely:

http://www.safer-networking.org/files/filealyz.exe

Tisk!

%>)

--
Will Cornish of Cardigan, UK - No nastier than you; No filthier than usual

To EMail Remove Anti-Spam Spaces: filthy-mcnasty @ btconnect.com

Oops, my bad. Seems the old memory isn't what it used to be.........thanks
for setting that straight.
Heirloom, old and some days just
don't pay