V7700 and AMD

G

I have a Duron 800 running on an Asus A7Pro board with 256 MB of RAM. I have a Soundblaster Live, a 3com NIC, 4 usb (3 used), a 56k modem, and a V7700 GeForce2 video card. I have a couple of questions.

1) I have been getting choppy video, sometimes flickering, not flickering like the resolution is incorrect, flickering more like glitchy graphics. This is happening on all Direct3D games. I didn't get this on the system I had before which was a Celeron 466 on a QDI motherboard. Any ideas why. I have tried running in AGP 1X and 4X, I have tried 16-bit settings, and 32. I updated the drivers of both the motherboard and the video card, and even flashed the bios. Nothing has fixed it. Any thoughts? I hvae an AMD recommended 300 watt power supply in it as well.

2) Is it possible to use the Detonator 3 drivers on my Asus card, while still using the Asus software. I installed it, but lost some of the cards functionality. Or, would it just be best to run with the updated driver from Asus?

Thanks for all your help.
Derek

G

I took the card back, I have a feeling there is a problem with the video memory.

G

Had the same problem. Choppy video. Good looking graphics but snow or 'static' through out right? Freezing paticularly when running MPEG movies or AVI?
I don't think it's the processor, cuz' I'm running a P4. I have an Asus P4T mainboard though.

Everyone seems to be having this problem. With asus cards with asus mainboards.

G

Do you know of any fix, or am I stuck with this type of issue until I either switch the video card or the motherboard?

Frocer

Distinguished
May 28, 2001
Are you serious?!? I just ordered an Asus V8200 GF3 card, and I am using the Asus A7M266, I hope I won't have that problem. Anyway else got the problem? Hopefully using my set up? If u guys figured out a fix please post it!

G

I couldn't find a way around it. 4 differant OS's, BIOS flashes (mobo and video), driver updates (and downgrades). Nothing worked. I had to return the card.

'--=-==**==-=--'
486SX, P166, P2 350, P4 1400...
Do you see a pattern?!
Second Timothy 4:7

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Many times a VIA equiped motherboard will configure a 3Com NIC to share with another device that it shouldn't share with, causing brief stalls. Try removing the NIC and see if that helps, if it does, I'll try to suggest a workaround.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

That's interesting. I never knew that. I am going to remove my NIC and see if that helps at all. Thanks for the tip.

G

Leadtek's Winfast GeForce2 Pro 64MB
Very nice card: Huge heat sink and fan...and some very, very good software. However I found switching to the Nvidia's 12.xx drivers rather than using the OEM drivers worked a bit better.

'--=-==**==-=--'
486SX, P166, P2 350, P4 1400...
Do you see a pattern?!
Second Timothy 4:7

stonerboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"Everyone seems to be having this problem. With asus cards with asus mainboards."

I haven't had any problems whatsoever with mine....running a v7700 with a P4 1.4 on a P4T.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life: It goes on." -Robert Frost