spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
I recently installed the latest security patches for Windows XP Pro, and I also installed the latest updates for my Norton 2003. Now when I boot up, everything appears fine, except the 'start up sound' is delayed by about 90 seconds. I can't do much during that time or the machine freezes up. It has something to do with Norton because when I remove it from the start up list, everything starts normally.

I searched the Knowledge base at both the Norton web site and the Microsoft one, but to no avail....any ideas???

I did read about a similar problem that was solved via another update, so maybe I have to wait for the next update???

sturm

Splendid
Might be that norton is holding up everything untill it gets completely loaded and scans the system for viruses. You might see if there is an option to turn off startup scan.

G

Just in case anyone has this issue, I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton and all seems to be fine....Hmmmm...

Does that tell you anything?
Remove Norton.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Klutz on 10/21/03 06:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>