XP Taskbar adding and removing icons

July 28, 2005 11:17:02 PM

Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its a
pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar (to
control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular microsoft
speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:17:44 AM

Check in the apps options for any startup or place in systray configurations.
Look in Start > Programs > Startup, if it's present right click and delete.

How are you adding the volume controls and are you clicking Apply before OK?

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
> Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its a
> pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar (to
> control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular microsoft
> speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.
July 29, 2005 3:22:01 AM

See if you can find an option in the Kodak software to stop it running on
start up. If not then click start/run type "msconfig" on the startup tab
unclick the entry for kodak.
Control panel/sounds "place volume icon in taskbar"
If that dosn't wotk try this

"help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
> Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its
> pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar
> control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular
> microsoft
> speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.
July 30, 2005 11:51:02 AM

Jim thanks. The Kodak software does not have a option to not run at startup.
The msconfig works but once I deselect the Kodak in the tab, it
automatically changes to "Sective Startup" (instead of "Normal Startup") and
gives me a notification anytime I boot the machine. I need to actually
remove the program from the list under the "startup" tab but see no obvious
way of doing so; any suggestions? thx.

"Jim" wrote:

> See if you can find an option in the Kodak software to stop it running on
> start up. If not then click start/run type "msconfig" on the startup tab
> unclick the entry for kodak.
> Control panel/sounds "place volume icon in taskbar"
> If that dosn't wotk try this
>
> "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
> > Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its
> > pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar
> > control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular
> > microsoft
> > speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:18:01 PM

Brian: thanks. Was able to remove the Kodak from taking it out of the
Start-up as you suggested. My iPod software is still loading so will have to
look somewhere for that. I have added to volume control both in the Control
Panel and the Soundblaster software to show on the task bar. It shows in the
current session but when I reboot it doesn't show. Appreciate any further
suggestions.

"Brian A." wrote:

> Check in the apps options for any startup or place in systray configurations.
> Look in Start > Programs > Startup, if it's present right click and delete.
>
> How are you adding the volume controls and are you clicking Apply before OK?
>
> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>
> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
> > Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its a
> > pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar (to
> > control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular microsoft
> > speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.

July 30, 2005 3:44:52 PM

It's ok to have selective startup selected, just check the box not to be
notified again.Select "m" and scroll to msconfig to see how to delete the
entries here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

> Jim thanks. The Kodak software does not have a option to not run at
> startup.
> The msconfig works but once I deselect the Kodak in the tab, it
> automatically changes to "Sective Startup" (instead of "Normal Startup")
> and
> gives me a notification anytime I boot the machine. I need to actually
> remove the program from the list under the "startup" tab but see no
> obvious
> way of doing so; any suggestions? thx.
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>
>> See if you can find an option in the Kodak software to stop it running on
>> start up. If not then click start/run type "msconfig" on the startup tab
>> unclick the entry for kodak.
>> Control panel/sounds "place volume icon in taskbar"
>> If that dosn't wotk try this
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
>>
>> "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
>> > Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but
>> > its
>> > pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the
>> > taskbar
>> > control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular
>> > microsoft
>> > speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 3:44:53 PM

Jim thanks. I was able to remove with the suggestions of you and other folks
that posted responses. If you have a suggestions on the other issue (how to
make the icon for the speaker volume to stay in the task bar on rebooting)
pls let me know. thx once again for your help.

"Jim" wrote:

> It's ok to have selective startup selected, just check the box not to be
> notified again.Select "m" and scroll to msconfig to see how to delete the
> entries here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
>
> "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Jim thanks. The Kodak software does not have a option to not run at
> > startup.
> > The msconfig works but once I deselect the Kodak in the tab, it
> > automatically changes to "Sective Startup" (instead of "Normal Startup")
> > and
> > gives me a notification anytime I boot the machine. I need to actually
> > remove the program from the list under the "startup" tab but see no
> > obvious
> > way of doing so; any suggestions? thx.
> >
> > "Jim" wrote:
> >
> >> See if you can find an option in the Kodak software to stop it running on
> >> start up. If not then click start/run type "msconfig" on the startup tab
> >> unclick the entry for kodak.
> >> Control panel/sounds "place volume icon in taskbar"
> >> If that dosn't wotk try this
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
> >>
> >> "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

July 30, 2005 6:36:17 PM

Go to the same site as the other fix and search for your other problem. It
has fixes for many different things.

!