XP Taskbar adding and removing icons

Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its a
pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar (to
control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular microsoft
speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.
7 answers Last reply
More about taskbar adding removing icons

    Check in the apps options for any startup or place in systray configurations.
    Look in Start > Programs > Startup, if it's present right click and delete.

    How are you adding the volume controls and are you clicking Apply before OK?

    --

    Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/

    Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
    > Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its a
    > pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar (to
    > control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular microsoft
    > speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.

    See if you can find an option in the Kodak software to stop it running on
    start up. If not then click start/run type "msconfig" on the startup tab
    unclick the entry for kodak.
    Control panel/sounds "place volume icon in taskbar"
    If that dosn't wotk try this

    "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
    > Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its
    > pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar
    > control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular
    > microsoft
    > speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.

    Jim thanks. The Kodak software does not have a option to not run at startup.
    The msconfig works but once I deselect the Kodak in the tab, it
    automatically changes to "Sective Startup" (instead of "Normal Startup") and
    gives me a notification anytime I boot the machine. I need to actually
    remove the program from the list under the "startup" tab but see no obvious
    way of doing so; any suggestions? thx.

    "Jim" wrote:

    > See if you can find an option in the Kodak software to stop it running on
    > start up. If not then click start/run type "msconfig" on the startup tab
    > unclick the entry for kodak.
    > Control panel/sounds "place volume icon in taskbar"
    > If that dosn't wotk try this
    >
    > "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
    > > Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its
    > > pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar
    > > control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular
    > > microsoft
    > > speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.

    Brian: thanks. Was able to remove the Kodak from taking it out of the
    Start-up as you suggested. My iPod software is still loading so will have to
    look somewhere for that. I have added to volume control both in the Control
    Panel and the Soundblaster software to show on the task bar. It shows in the
    current session but when I reboot it doesn't show. Appreciate any further
    suggestions.

    "Brian A." wrote:

    > Check in the apps options for any startup or place in systray configurations.
    > Look in Start > Programs > Startup, if it's present right click and delete.
    >
    > How are you adding the volume controls and are you clicking Apply before OK?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >
    > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
    > > Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but its a
    > > pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the taskbar (to
    > > control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular microsoft
    > > speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.

    It's ok to have selective startup selected, just check the box not to be
    notified again.Select "m" and scroll to msconfig to see how to delete the
    entries here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

    > Jim thanks. The Kodak software does not have a option to not run at
    > startup.
    > The msconfig works but once I deselect the Kodak in the tab, it
    > automatically changes to "Sective Startup" (instead of "Normal Startup")
    > and
    > gives me a notification anytime I boot the machine. I need to actually
    > remove the program from the list under the "startup" tab but see no
    > obvious
    > way of doing so; any suggestions? thx.
    >
    > "Jim" wrote:
    >
    >> See if you can find an option in the Kodak software to stop it running on
    >> start up. If not then click start/run type "msconfig" on the startup tab
    >> unclick the entry for kodak.
    >> Control panel/sounds "place volume icon in taskbar"
    >> If that dosn't wotk try this
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
    >>
    >> "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi. Loaded some Kodak software and the icon is showing in my task bar.
    >> > Would like to remove it (I can manually close everytime I start up but
    >> > its
    >> > pain). Also Everytime I add my Creative Soundblaster icon to the
    >> > taskbar
    >> > control my speaker volume) it disappears on re-booting (the regular
    >> > microsoft
    >> > speaker control also does not stay). Any suggestions? thx.

    Jim thanks. I was able to remove with the suggestions of you and other folks
    that posted responses. If you have a suggestions on the other issue (how to
    make the icon for the speaker volume to stay in the task bar on rebooting)
    pls let me know. thx once again for your help.

    "Jim" wrote:

    > It's ok to have selective startup selected, just check the box not to be
    > notified again.Select "m" and scroll to msconfig to see how to delete the
    > entries here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    >
    > "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Jim thanks. The Kodak software does not have a option to not run at
    > > startup.
    > > The msconfig works but once I deselect the Kodak in the tab, it
    > > automatically changes to "Sective Startup" (instead of "Normal Startup")
    > > and
    > > gives me a notification anytime I boot the machine. I need to actually
    > > remove the program from the list under the "startup" tab but see no
    > > obvious
    > > way of doing so; any suggestions? thx.
    > >
    > > "Jim" wrote:
    > >
    > >> See if you can find an option in the Kodak software to stop it running on
    > >> start up. If not then click start/run type "msconfig" on the startup tab
    > >> unclick the entry for kodak.
    > >> Control panel/sounds "place volume icon in taskbar"
    > >> If that dosn't wotk try this
    > >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
    > >>
    > >> "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Go to the same site as the other fix and search for your other problem. It
    has fixes for many different things.

    > Jim thanks. I was able to remove with the suggestions of you and other
    > folks
    > that posted responses. If you have a suggestions on the other issue (how
    > make the icon for the speaker volume to stay in the task bar on rebooting)
    > pls let me know. thx once again for your help.
    >
    > "Jim" wrote:
    >
    >> It's ok to have selective startup selected, just check the box not to be
    >> notified again.Select "m" and scroll to msconfig to see how to delete the
    >> entries here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
    >>
    >> "help8400" <help8400@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Jim thanks. The Kodak software does not have a option to not run at
    >> > startup.
    >> > The msconfig works but once I deselect the Kodak in the tab, it
    >> > automatically changes to "Sective Startup" (instead of "Normal
    >> > Startup")
    >> > and
    >> > gives me a notification anytime I boot the machine. I need to actually
    >> > remove the program from the list under the "startup" tab but see no
    >> > obvious
    >> > way of doing so; any suggestions? thx.

Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP