Quality of posts in this newsgroup...

.... have dropped considerably.

It should just be called alt.cellular.rdmiller (He's the only posting
anything worthwhile.)

Two years ago, this place was full of informative posts... now..
6 answers Last reply
More about quality posts newsgroup
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    iDENCustom wrote:

    > I have yet to find a carrier that everyone likes....
    >
    > According to JDPowers, AT&T is supreme.

    I agree 100%! I was with Verizon for 16 or 17 years back when it was
    Bell Atlantic/Bell Atlantic Nynex. We left because at the time they did
    not have good coverage where we moved to. We switched to AT&T and for
    the most part had no problems with them. We were on their TDMA system
    and my local sales contact was excellent and fortunately still a friend
    today. I can not speak about AT&T's GSM network as I have no personal
    experience with it. As for customer service, *IF* we went back, I would
    have no problem because as I mentioned I have a friend there.

    We only left AT&T for Nextel because of their PTT and incoming free call
    plans. I won't rehash what I just wrote in a previous post but will say
    this. With M2M plans being common now, PTT is far less important to us.
    Regarding free incoming calls, with Nextel's network capacity issues (at
    least where I travel) "free" anything does not mean anything to me.

    When I 1st called Nextel to discuss my problems the first thing that
    they did was give me a credit on my account. That's nice but doesn't
    help me and I told them to save the credit and fix the capacity issues.
    IMO, and I have *NOTHING* to base this on but suspicion, my sense is
    that they are not putting money into capacity right now until they get
    their spectrum issue resolved with the FCC and CTIA. Again, I have no
    inside knowledge or sources.

    To your original point though, I agree that none of us will ever find a
    carrier that we like all the time. The trick is to find one that is
    relatively consistent where we live, work and mostly travel. For me,
    that ain't Nextel anymore unless they come up big this week with a plan
    of action for where I live and spend my summer.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    What I want to say about this love/hate relationship with Nextel is this:if
    you need the walkie talkie;a.k.a. Direct Connect feature,then Nextel is for
    you.If Nextel`s coverage,and it`s D.C. is not to your liking,then,by all
    means,seek another carrier with better coverage.I live in Homestead,Fla.The
    reason I choosed Nextel was for it`s D.C. capability.So far I have been very
    happy with it.I understand the variables involved in the technology,so I
    don`t really have any gripes towards Nextel, if any of my D.C. calls are
    dropped once in a while.Even the salesman at Nextel suggested to me that
    other cellular companies were cheaper than Nextel`s,but I said I wanted
    Nextel just because of their ability to connect me with (in my case) my
    loved ones in under a second,like a walkie talkie.Nextel is not for
    everyone,they publish in the web their coverage,if you don`t fall within
    it,don`t complain after you sign up.If you did check before signing up and
    still get poor service,then cut your looses and move on.Such are the
    inconveniences of cellular technology.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Gilberto A Rivera wrote:
    > What I want to say about this love/hate relationship with Nextel is this:if
    > you need the walkie talkie;a.k.a. Direct Connect feature,then Nextel is for
    > you.If Nextel`s coverage,and it`s D.C. is not to your liking,then,by all
    > means,seek another carrier with better coverage.I live in Homestead,Fla.The
    > reason I choosed Nextel was for it`s D.C. capability.So far I have been very
    > happy with it.I understand the variables involved in the technology,so I
    > don`t really have any gripes towards Nextel, if any of my D.C. calls are
    > dropped once in a while.Even the salesman at Nextel suggested to me that
    > other cellular companies were cheaper than Nextel`s,but I said I wanted
    > Nextel just because of their ability to connect me with (in my case) my
    > loved ones in under a second,like a walkie talkie.Nextel is not for
    > everyone,they publish in the web their coverage,if you don`t fall within
    > it,don`t complain after you sign up.If you did check before signing up and
    > still get poor service,then cut your looses and move on.Such are the
    > inconveniences of cellular technology.

    If I buy into this, I'd be curious to what you would say to someone like
    me who has had consistent phone service from Nextel for about 11 months
    in his home area and the area that he spends the summer in BUT now has
    service problems (capacity) in those same areas. In other words, these
    are NEW problems that thus far Nextel is refusing to acknowledge much
    less act on in a meaningful way thus far.

    As for cutting losses and moving on, maybe you only have one phone to
    worry about so no big deal. For me, that's not the case so financially
    the ramifications are heavy.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Hello all

    Funny how we all speak about nextel.. Love or hate them.
    Like to say this. We tryed them all at this point in FL market.

    1 ATT GSM is very poor down here in south fl and my friends are very
    unhappy with them. My good budy was in LA and Drop calls big time
    2 Cingular Now is down hill with there GSM.Just gave back 12 V600
    3 Verizon is real poor down here, REASON there using the old Primco
    System. On the other hand Verizon is good in NY
    4 We use Sprint and Nextel for our Company There are good days and bad
    Days. I don't Think you will find a cell company with 100% great
    service

    From Steve
    Fleet Ops

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:50:55 -0400, Scott <scott@nospam.com> wrote:

    >Gilberto A Rivera wrote:
    >> What I want to say about this love/hate relationship with Nextel is this:if
    >> you need the walkie talkie;a.k.a. Direct Connect feature,then Nextel is for
    >> you.If Nextel`s coverage,and it`s D.C. is not to your liking,then,by all
    >> means,seek another carrier with better coverage.I live in Homestead,Fla.The
    >> reason I choosed Nextel was for it`s D.C. capability.So far I have been very
    >> happy with it.I understand the variables involved in the technology,so I
    >> don`t really have any gripes towards Nextel, if any of my D.C. calls are
    >> dropped once in a while.Even the salesman at Nextel suggested to me that
    >> other cellular companies were cheaper than Nextel`s,but I said I wanted
    >> Nextel just because of their ability to connect me with (in my case) my
    >> loved ones in under a second,like a walkie talkie.Nextel is not for
    >> everyone,they publish in the web their coverage,if you don`t fall within
    >> it,don`t complain after you sign up.If you did check before signing up and
    >> still get poor service,then cut your looses and move on.Such are the
    >> inconveniences of cellular technology.
    >>

    >If I buy into this, I'd be curious to what you would say to someone like
    >me who has had consistent phone service from Nextel for about 11 months
    >in his home area and the area that he spends the summer in BUT now has
    >service problems (capacity) in those same areas. In other words, these
    >are NEW problems that thus far Nextel is refusing to acknowledge much
    >less act on in a meaningful way thus far.
    >
    >As for cutting losses and moving on, maybe you only have one phone to
    >worry about so no big deal. For me, that's not the case so financially
    >the ramifications are heavy.

    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors,
    disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent
    theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will
    only add to the overall beauty of the post.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    wideglide01 wrote:

    > We've had Nextel since number portability became available in Feb.? of
    > this year. We left AT&T for Nextel mainly for their PTT technology.
    > What we've found is that Nextel's calling plans are more expensive,

    Even with free incoming calls??

    --
    Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
    http://www.shamikaserver.com

    Previously in alt.cellular.nextel, "WindsorFox[SS]"
    <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> proclaimed :

    >wideglide01 wrote:
    >

    >> We've had Nextel since number portability became available in Feb.? of
    >> this year. We left AT&T for Nextel mainly for their PTT technology.
    >> What we've found is that Nextel's calling plans are more expensive,
    >
    >Even with free incoming calls??

    yup

    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
    safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
    -Unknown
    Remove "die spammers" to email

Nextel Newsgroup Internet Service Providers