Message: Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Ne..

July 29, 2005 5:53:07 AM

Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after closing the
network I get the following message:

Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close

Further details I get are:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220

Can anyone help me.
Thanks.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 6:05:03 AM

hey, i'm getting that on my computer also

"Dean" wrote:

> Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after closing the
> network I get the following message:
>
> Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
>
> Further details I get are:
>
> AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
> ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220
>
> Can anyone help me.
> Thanks.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 1:49:30 PM

Me three! Even my terrific computer tech can't figure it out and he's tried
everything... If anyone comes up with a solution, I'm sure we'll all be
glad.

Helen

"Dean" <dean@discussions.microsft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after closing
> the
> network I get the following message:
>
> Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
>
> Further details I get are:
>
> AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
> ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220
>
> Can anyone help me.
> Thanks.
July 30, 2005 10:46:22 PM

Dean wrote:
> Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after
> closing the network I get the following message:
>
> Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
>
> Further details I get are:
>
> AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
> ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220
>
> Can anyone help me.
> Thanks.

First thing to try (might not work but there are other solutions) is to go
to Start, Run type in without quotes "sfc /scannow". Insert the same cd you
used to install Windows, and let the Windows File Protection process finish.
Reboot.

If this problem is still occuring, insert your Windows (I am assuming you
have XP) disk. Click Install Windows XP, in the Installation Type drop down
menu, select Upgrade. Let the process finish entering any information that
setup asks for. Note that you will need to go to Windows Update and
reinstall any patches that were wiped out...
August 1, 2005 5:42:02 AM

I tried these and still have the problem, any further ideas?
Regards, Dean.

"Terra Prime" wrote:

> Dean wrote:
> > Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after
> > closing the network I get the following message:
> >
> > Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
> >
> > Further details I get are:
> >
> > AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
> > ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220
> >
> > Can anyone help me.
> > Thanks.
>
> First thing to try (might not work but there are other solutions) is to go
> to Start, Run type in without quotes "sfc /scannow". Insert the same cd you
> used to install Windows, and let the Windows File Protection process finish.
> Reboot.
>
> If this problem is still occuring, insert your Windows (I am assuming you
> have XP) disk. Click Install Windows XP, in the Installation Type drop down
> menu, select Upgrade. Let the process finish entering any information that
> setup asks for. Note that you will need to go to Windows Update and
> reinstall any patches that were wiped out...

Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:55:43 AM

Try booting into Safe Mode and running a Virus scan and spyware scans with
the scanners listed below.......

--
Use these spyware scanners to erraticate your spyware problem:
*Make sure you check for spyware definition updates for all of these

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4
http://www.safer-networking.org

Ad-Aware SE 1.06 Personal
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Spyware Blaster 3.4

Spy Sweeper 4.0.3 Build 405
http://www.webroot.com

XoftSpy 4.15
http://www.paretologic.com

CWShredder 2.15*
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_downloa...

* = Use the standalone version of CWShredder.

!