Message: Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Ne..

Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after closing the
network I get the following message:

Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close

Further details I get are:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220

Can anyone help me.
Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about message windows explorer encountered problem

    hey, i'm getting that on my computer also

    "Dean" wrote:

    > Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after closing the
    > network I get the following message:
    >
    > Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
    >
    > Further details I get are:
    >
    > AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
    > ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220
    >
    > Can anyone help me.
    > Thanks.

    Me three! Even my terrific computer tech can't figure it out and he's tried
    everything... If anyone comes up with a solution, I'm sure we'll all be
    glad.

    Helen

    Dean wrote:
    > Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after
    > closing the network I get the following message:
    >
    > Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
    >
    > Further details I get are:
    >
    > AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
    > ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220
    >
    > Can anyone help me.
    > Thanks.

    First thing to try (might not work but there are other solutions) is to go
    to Start, Run type in without quotes "sfc /scannow". Insert the same cd you
    used to install Windows, and let the Windows File Protection process finish.
    Reboot.

    If this problem is still occuring, insert your Windows (I am assuming you
    have XP) disk. Click Install Windows XP, in the Installation Type drop down
    menu, select Upgrade. Let the process finish entering any information that
    setup asks for. Note that you will need to go to Windows Update and
    reinstall any patches that were wiped out...

    I tried these and still have the problem, any further ideas?
    Regards, Dean.

    "Terra Prime" wrote:

    > Dean wrote:
    > > Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after
    > > closing the network I get the following message:
    > >
    > > Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
    > >
    > > Further details I get are:
    > >
    > > AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
    > > ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220
    > >
    > > Can anyone help me.
    > > Thanks.
    >
    > First thing to try (might not work but there are other solutions) is to go
    > to Start, Run type in without quotes "sfc /scannow". Insert the same cd you
    > used to install Windows, and let the Windows File Protection process finish.
    > Reboot.
    >
    > If this problem is still occuring, insert your Windows (I am assuming you
    > have XP) disk. Click Install Windows XP, in the Installation Type drop down
    > menu, select Upgrade. Let the process finish entering any information that
    > setup asks for. Note that you will need to go to Windows Update and
    > reinstall any patches that were wiped out...

    Try booting into Safe Mode and running a Virus scan and spyware scans with
    the scanners listed below.......

    --
    Use these spyware scanners to erraticate your spyware problem:
    *Make sure you check for spyware definition updates for all of these

    Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    Ad-Aware SE 1.06 Personal
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    Spyware Blaster 3.4

    Spy Sweeper 4.0.3 Build 405
    http://www.webroot.com

    XoftSpy 4.15
    http://www.paretologic.com

    CWShredder 2.15*

    * = Use the standalone version of CWShredder.

    Dean wrote:
    > I tried these and still have the problem, any further ideas?
    > Regards, Dean.
    >
    > "Terra Prime" wrote:
    >
    >> Dean wrote:
    >>> Whenever I go into my documents or anywhere on my network, after
    >>> closing the network I get the following message:
    >>>
    >>> Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
    >>>
    >>> Further details I get are:
    >>>
    >>> AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: unknown
    >>> ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 01dd0220
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me.
    >>> Thanks.
    >>
    >> First thing to try (might not work but there are other solutions) is
    >> to go to Start, Run type in without quotes "sfc /scannow". Insert
    >> the same cd you used to install Windows, and let the Windows File
    >> Protection process finish. Reboot.
    >>
    >> If this problem is still occuring, insert your Windows (I am
    >> assuming you have XP) disk. Click Install Windows XP, in the
    >> Installation Type drop down menu, select Upgrade. Let the process
    >> finish entering any information that setup asks for. Note that you
    >> will need to go to Windows Update and reinstall any patches that
    >> were wiped out...

Windows Explorer Support My Documents Microsoft Windows XP