Fastest card! When?

G

What's gonna be the fastest card by December 31, 2001 for less than $399???

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Probably some GeForce type of card. They will be due for a new card around November. Possibly ATI's next card will be faster. Who know's really, I guess you'll have to wait until November to decide. About every three months there is a new video card release. There is always something faster right around the corner.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I would say the Radeon2 Max if produced would be the fastest card ever. As for the GF3 update or Radeon2 I don't know. I would say it would be ATI due to TrueForm technology. Fastest is all relative, 16bit, 32bit low quality, high quality, FSAA, Anisotropic filtering and any other type texture filtering. Game specific and what not. Even the Kyro2 can beat the GF2 Ultra in certain cases, does that make it the fastest card then? I look for fast enough with the best quality of game play.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
I still think the GeForce will win the speed crown. But I still think it's up in the air on what the best card will be. I dont think there is any doubt that the Radeon will be the best looking card out there.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

Well...ah...I knew you'd all say that, but OK I like to game at 1024x768@32 without FSAA and everything set to MAX, I currently have GeForce2 MX with 800Mhz T-Bird and enough for me, i don't need 100fps, only like 50, but on Christmas I want myself a big present, COOL card, I have trial version of Benchamrk 2001 and OH GOD! That's some awesome graphics, especially all those 3D trees and the most amazing for me was Max Payne demo(by the way is it out? when is it gonna be out?), oh....I was about to cry when I've seen it, it showed me 11-50 fps at 1024x768@32 and I was satisfied, but I think I'll need better card for games like Unreal 2, which is gonna be right afetr Christmas, plus I'm planning to get 1.2Ghz t-bird this summer, and after that KICK ASS CARD! and not upgrade my pc for like 2-3 years, but not buying vard for more than $350, Another hing I wanted to ask is does memory like DDR and RDRAM gives you more frames? Cause I have 448Mb of normal pc133 memory(CAS2.5). About card, I don't care if it wil support DX 9.1 or not...any suggestions?? How about Radeon3 Max?? When is it gona be out? and is nv30 an nvidia super card?

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
I think we need to wait to see how TruForm actually performs before listening to the hype. Personally I'm hoping the Radeon II will overpower the Ge3, making my upgrade choice obvious. If, however, the Radeon II does not perform as hyped, I will probably be purchasing whatever version of the Geforce3 is out - be it the "Geforce 3 Mega Ultra Super Fast" card or "Geforce3 We can play Q3 at 5,000 fps" version.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
TrueForm works in Software why wouldn't it work in Hardware? I don't see it as alot of hype. The software version does as advertise in increasing quality of object models. I don't see anything preventing this technology from working, it has been working in 3dsMax in software mode for over 6 months now. Switching to hardware mode will just increase the speed 10-20 times is the only difference. This is break through technology at its best.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>