nvidia is BAD

<A HREF="http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article.asp?IR=N&ClassID=100&datePublish=2001/06/01&pages=04&seq=23" target="_new">http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article.asp?IR=N&ClassID=100&datePublish=2001/06/01&pages=04&seq=23</A>

ati with their's radeon 1/2 and ST with their's kyro 1,2,3 should seriuosly kick nvidia .
19 answers Last reply
More about nvidia
  1. nVidia is making competitor enemies and the more they try to push and shove their technology the stronger it will get against them. In other words they are becoming arrogant which may not be the best stretegy in the long run. The NoForce chipset if reliable will probably keep them the OEM leader for graphic chips. How about a NoForce chipset for a notebook? Sounds like it will be coming meaning a laptop dominance as well. Kyro2 will have a serious threat to nVidia OEM initially but the nForce chipset will still keep the OEM market tied up (that is if it works as advertised).

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>
  2. No wonder nvidia is moving over to the chipset market. Nvidia is afraid of the STmicro Kyro2 , Trident Blade XP, mostly the ATi Radeon. Nvidia is jumping ship. Nvidia has milked the public too long. Its a huge nvidia bashing freezy. Just look at this Directx 8.1 OMG the Kyro2 is much better then the Geforce2 gts and pro. Geforce 3 will fall to the ATi Radeon 2. Trident will beat out the Geforce 2mx in low-end sales. Its a new world order.

PowerVR2 your right nvidia is bad very bad

Noko your right about the Noforce

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
  3. OMG propaganda! *holds hands over ears* La la la la! I can't hear you! La la la la!
  4. I don't think anybody's afraid of trident blade. Well, I was afraid mine sucked so bad that I wouldn't recoop the money I wasted before I re-sold it on e-bay, LOL.
    BTW, the ppl whose machines I put GFMX cards in are very pleased.
    I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bud on 06/04/01 01:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  5. hmmmm, check this out:

<A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/19426.html" target="_new">Nvidia accused of 'heavy handed' tactics</A>

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>
  6. Yup its a good thing there making chipsets now. There not welcomed in the graphics market. There going to make AMD the next intel with them.

7. nvidia is not afraid of anyone. The motherboard chipset move is a great business decision for them. It will hurt ATI most of all. (ATI makes their money supplying cards to Gateway etc.) I'm not all that much of a nvidia fan but we have to remember that the performance freaks (us) are only a small percentage of the market. The rest of the world buys low to mid-range performance based on system price. If this chip set improves the Athlon performance as much as touted then even we may be buying it!
  8. Well ATi p4 platform should be nice. There is hints everywhere that ATi is to make a northwood p4 chipset.

9. Hopefully with 8x AGP for the professional market, meaning ATI will have the best chipset for 3d professionals. Then a matching card to go along with it. Meaning doing 4-8million polygon objects in real time will be possible.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 06/06/01 12:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  10. geeze. Nvida is still loved. Just because you have had a bad experience with them... doesn't mean everyone else had the same experienced as you.

Nvida came out with stuff, then others. What will happen when the new guys come out first followed by a better Nvida product? Its just a business move. Geforce3 has been out how long before another company copies them?

I looked at KyroII.. I wasn't impressed (just one major feature). I looked at Radean Vivo.. It was good, maybe better then the GF2 Pro. But I think I will still go with a NVIDA GF2 Pro. Too many game developers are using it as a main template in the current games. SWG is making one (2002) for GF3. got to say something about NVIDA and their influence.

I like many companies that offer good products. Means lower prices and better products. Look at Intel and AMD.. both are doing well. 3 years ago it was 233 mhz was da bomb. Now they are producing them in 200 mhz steps, lol.

Its all good. Nvida, Gulliment, ATI... They will make the video card better and probably less expensive for the "top-of-the-line" ones.

People still respect Intel, but currently like AMD. Same with Videocards. I won't boycott Diamond forever due to them not giving me back 100 bucks (rebate) for the voodoo2 I bought a long time ago. (lost in the mail, my [self-edit].) :)

IMacs for the blind
  11. :)
    if they want to support nvidia cards they have to support kyro or ati radeon!!
    because directx and opengl are supported by those cards...
  12. Have any of you considered nVidia's product cycle of 6 months? By the time Radeon 2 is out of the starting blocks, the next generation of GeForce will already have been ready...I mean, sure Kyro II and Radeon 2 are going to be great cards, but you guys are assuming that nVidia plans to just sit around after the release of the GF3. I've got a 64 mB GTS right now, and if I had to choose right now, I'd probably go with a Radeon because of the price...but I'd certainly prefer a GF3.

"It is better to be quotable than to be truthful."
  13. Why do you have such a hard on for NVIDA? Did they turn down your job application and kyro II accepted yours?

Any company will stay alive, esp when a company has to improve their product 2-4 times a year. Look at other companies like Ford, BOSS, General Mills, Sears, etc. These companies make products that doesn't require reinventing the wheel twice a year.

NVIDA was caught with their pants down, and the other companies like Kyro II makers does the SAME ACTIONS to stay alive. Its a dog eat dog world, capitalism. 70% of all corporations break the law. Its that common.

If you ran NVIDA, and if you are smart. You would do similar actions. All it matters, which "hype" you believe.
    Currently I do not give a hoot if NVIDa or Kyro does something to cause the other one to lose money.

If you are pissed off about NVIDA, better stop eating your ceral, wearing your clothing, etc. Most likely those other companies did similar actions too.

IMacs for the blind
  14. This time around looks like ATI is more ready to compete in the performance arena. ATI has a working bridge now for the Maxx technology which they can use anytime in producing a Radeon2 Max. Meaning the performance crown could easily be stripped away from nVidia. Also feature wise looks like ATI will maintain there lead as well. The Radeon has more features then a GF2 series of cards by a long shot. The Radeon2 also looks to be more feature rich then the GF3. Drivers for the Radeons have improved well but still needs some work. Since alot is under wraps yet about the Radeon2 we can only wait. Hopefully ATI will start releasing more info and test cards for reviewers shortly.

15. Yup, i would be one of first Radeon 2 Maxx owners.

16. So ATI is going to do another dual-chip Card again?

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.
  17. It looks like it. Well there is most likely going to a geforce 3 ultra. So ati will just double the proformace. MAXX is tech. is better then 3dfx SLI. Well the Rage 128 maxx was there due to the long time it took to make the radeon. Well the Rage 128 Pro was really not that fast "around tnt 2" so they MAXX the chip it proformed well "around Geforce sdr w/ T&L" and the Rage 128 didnt have t&l on it. Also ATi released it with a high price making it not popular. Well released at $200 not $300 the MAXX could had more success.

18. First off, the first time Ati put 2 chips on the same card, it didn't work under win2k. My point is that although nVidia might be very strong right now or ATI is going to kick nVidia's ass with Radeon 2, the article on ATI on this site "Perspective on ATI" is absolutely correct. There is no way that we want to be left with a monopoly where nVidia or any other company would be supplying all the cards. And not only is this a dog eat dog world, but for every fish there is a bigger fish :)

"He who laughs last doesn't get the joke"
  19. That is why ATI designed the bridge for the two GPU's vice relying on the CPU as in the original Maxx. The new design will allow W2K operations due to the fact the OS will only see one chip vice the two chips previously even though the Maxx will have two chips. ATI mention that overall cost will determine if they will market the card since you basically have to double the Ram on the card. 128mb of 4ns ram maybe a bit expensive. If ATI uses slower ram to keep the costs down then that is a possiblity with much faster performance overall from the duel chip setup. Plus ATI may decide to market the card just for marketing reasons alone showing the world that they are the leaders in advance 3d graphics for the consumers. ATI gives themselves a number of options and depending on the market circumstances they follow what makes best sense. Since they havn't committed yet to the Maxx version then really we don't know yet. Radeon 2 will be coming for sure, soon.

Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia ATI Radeon Graphics