for NOKO...

G

it seems u r an expert on graphic cards......
well....considering AETERNAL'S problem with his GF3..i noticed something with your solutions concerning directx 8.0
i quote u
"Next you have AGP texturing turned off which looks like it disable AGP transfers as well without any DMA support or DME. Which would explain why your bench marks are what they are. So do this:

1. Start - In the Run command type the following Dxdiag
2. This should open up the DXDiagnostic Tool
3. Go to the Display tab and select it
4. In the open window you will see 4 sections:
. . Device
. . DirectXFeatures
. . Notes
. . Drivers
5. In the DirectXFeatures you should see this listed
DirectDrawAcceleration: Enabled . . . . (button that says) Disable
Direct3dAcceleration: Enabled . . . . . Disable
AGPTextureAcceleraton: Enabled . . . . Disable
IMPORTANT!!!: All the above Features should be enabled, the buttons to the right will do what it says on the button either Enable or Disable. Meaning all the buttons should be saying Disable meaning the DXFeatures are Enabled as will be indicated.
6. Perform the two tests, Test DirectDraw and TestDirect3d let me know of any problems with the tests
"
i also noticed that on my directx 8.0 screnn...in display....both direct draw and D3D are enabled but AGP texture acc...is grayed...and non clickable....i tried using power strip....but also concerning AGP transfer mechanism...it was on DISABLED...and the 2 other options...DMA and DiME(or something like that)...were non clickable....could u help....??
ps...its not a GF3 ofcouse...(wish it was)...its an ATI...rage IIc i guess...

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Well really I am no expert. If you have a Kyro2 card with 64megs on board then AGP texture memory won't be available due to the Kyro2 maximum texture memory size. If you have a 32meg Kyro you can have up to 32megs of AGP textures. RageIIC you don't say, first do you have the most recent drivers? Plus is this a built in RageIIc chip on the mobo or a PCI graphics card? In other words if it is not using AGP then you won't be able to get AGP transfers. More system info please.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

G

no no...its an AGP card...in the AGP slot on the motherboard.....but the whole machine is like a year old.....
and i tried to look up newer drivers thru ATI...none were there.....

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
How about posting your PS3 adapter information, maybe we can figure something out. Plus give us more info about your setup. If AGP aperture size is set to 8mb or lower it will prevent AGP textures. If the AGP drivers are not installed it will also prevent AGP textures. If you have AGP textures turned off in DX it will also prevent AGP textures. In your case I think that is one feature you would want if available.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

G

Diagnostic report - generated on 05/06/01
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerStrip build - 147
Windows build - v.4.10.67766222.1
DirectX build - v.4.08.00.0400
OpenGL renderer - GDI Generic, v.1.1.0

System board
CPU speed - 234 MHz
Type - Intel i440LX-SMC67X-2A69JD19C-00
BIOS - Award Bios, 02/11/98
AGP aperture - 32 MB
AGP transfer mechanism - Disabled
AGP non-local memory - (n/a)
AGP revision - 1.00
AGP transfer rates supported - 1x, 2x
Current AGP transfer rate - (n/a)
Sideband addressing - hardware support, but currently disabled
Fast write protocol - (n/a)
AGP texturing - (n/a)

Graphics card #1
Identity - RAGE IIC AGP
Memory clock - 83.14 MHz
Graphics clock - 74.82 MHz
IRQ - 11, not shared
AGP revision - (n/a)
AGP transfer rates supported - (n/a)
Current AGP transfer rate - (n/a)
Sideband addressing - (n/a)
Display driver - macxw4.drv, v.4.11.2474
DirectX driver - macxdd32.dll, v.4.11.5023
Attached monitor - MAG Technology Co., Ltd. MAG DJ707
Monitor caps (1) - 1280x1024, 70kHz, 120Hz

Device enumeration
RAGE IIC AGP (475A1002h) - using IRQ11
Intel CPU-to-PCI/AGP bridge (71808086h)
Intel PCI-to-PCI/AGP bridge (71818086h)
Intel PCI-to-ISA bridge (71108086h)
Intel IDE controller (71118086h)
Intel Universal serial bus (USB) (71128086h) - using IRQ10
Intel Power management controller (71138086h)

OpenGL extensions
GL_WIN_swap_hint
GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_paletted_texture

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
First thing I recommend is to update your drivers:

<A HREF="http://support.ati.com/products/pc/rageii/rageii_drivers.html" target="_new">http://support.ati.com/products/pc/rageii/rageii_drivers.html</A>

At the ATI site <A HREF="http://www.ati.com" target="_new">http://www.ati.com</A> use the search engine by typing in <b>rage II</b>, you will find excellent support with questions and answers. ATI site has changed significantly over the year and is one of the best company hardware sites I've ever been to. The search engine there makes nvidia's look sick. Let us know what happens.