mr do pcb quest.. the saga continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok. so i purchased another mr do PCB from a NG member.. this time guaranteed
to not be DOA and when i opened it.. it was in fact alive. very much alive..
so much so that mr do seems like he's on crack when he's digging.

i remember a while back Evil Exidy posted his Mr Do speed up hack for the D2
rom and this seems like someone burned that speed up to this board.
i'm not a big fan of playing it like this and was wondering if anyone has an
original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from them or a
replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?

just when i thought my quest was over.

another funny thing is.. this board looks strangely related to the
non-working board i purchased previously.. you know.. the '100% working'
board *cough*.
anyhow.. when i bought that board.. the same seller had another mr do PCB
for sale... the one i didn't bid on had a red tag and a gray jumper wire
near the edge connector side. i made a point to make sure the seller didn't
send me that one since it wasn't the one i bid on and i was nervous about it
having a jumper wire across the board.

well turned out the one i asked for didn't work and the other one..
apparently... did.. because i think i have that one now too.

anyway... long story short...
anyone have an original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from
them or a replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?

thanks.
keith.

:
[...]

That's a common sync mod that's documented in the manual. It's for monitors
that don't handle composite sync well.

: anyway... long story short...
: anyone have an original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from
: them or a replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?

Why not just grab the one off your other board :)

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

because i'm sending that other board to you to get fixed.. remember? haha.
i'd like to try to get SOME of my money back since my original intention was
to buy 1 working board. i'm still out about $50 on this nonworking board i
picked up first. either i'll build another mr do machine to sell or let the
board go on ebay.

keep an eye on your mail mark.. should get this out to you this week.

k.

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Keith in NJ <winner@soulshot.com> wrote:
> : ok. so i purchased another mr do PCB from a NG member.. this time
guaranteed
> : to not be DOA and when i opened it.. it was in fact alive. very much
alive..
> : so much so that mr do seems like he's on crack when he's digging.
> :
> : i remember a while back Evil Exidy posted his Mr Do speed up hack for
the D2
> : rom and this seems like someone burned that speed up to this board.
> : i'm not a big fan of playing it like this and was wondering if anyone
has an
> : original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from them or a
> : replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?
> :
> : just when i thought my quest was over.
> :
> : another funny thing is.. this board looks strangely related to the
> : non-working board i purchased previously.. you know.. the '100% working'
> : board *cough*.
> : anyhow.. when i bought that board.. the same seller had another mr do
PCB
> : for sale... the one i didn't bid on had a red tag and a gray jumper wire
> : near the edge connector side. i made a point to make sure the seller
didn't
> : send me that one since it wasn't the one i bid on and i was nervous
about it
> : having a jumper wire across the board.
>
> That's a common sync mod that's documented in the manual. It's for
monitors
> that don't handle composite sync well.
>
> : anyway... long story short...
> : anyone have an original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get
from
> : them or a replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?
>
> Why not just grab the one off your other board :)
>
> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Keith in NJ <winner@soulshot.com> wrote:
: because i'm sending that other board to you to get fixed.. remember? haha.
: i'd like to try to get SOME of my money back since my original intention was
: to buy 1 working board. i'm still out about $50 on this nonworking board i
: picked up first. either i'll build another mr do machine to sell or let the
: board go on ebay.
:
: keep an eye on your mail mark.. should get this out to you this week.

I can reburn the rom on the other board when it's here :)