My OS is Wind. XPPro with Internet Explore 6.0 SP2 (Upgraded)

I tried to get some additional pages from a web, but instead I had a notice
that my computer does not have the necessary cookies!

In five years of using the PC I have never come across that statement, so
where do I get them and how do I install them?

The Intenet newsgroup did not reply to the above.

Please be very specific in your answer, since I am not a very experienced
operator! Thank you,

I've never seen that either. Are you sure it didn't say your browser is not
configured to accept cookies?