Black Viper???

Does anyone know what happened to Black Viper. He had good information
relating to settings for services and other info regarding Windows XP

http://web.archive.org/web/20041128094512/http://www.blackviper.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/20041128084144/www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20041125021602/www.blackviper.com/WinXP/strangeservice.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23QLIwFGlFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
John A. Smith <jas9637@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:

http://dhost.info/kyeu/mirror/blackviper/

--
Arecibo

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:QKtGe.14173$YL5.8023@newsfe2-win.ntli.net,
Arecibo <news.account@virgin.takeaway.net> had this to say:

> "John A. Smith" <jas9637@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know what happened to Black Viper. He had good
>> information relating to settings for services and other info
>> regarding Windows XP
>
> http://dhost.info/kyeu/mirror/blackviper/

I also keep this one handy:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041128084144/www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

The archive keeps actual copies at different dates. As near as I can tell
that was the last update to the actual content on the site before he seems
to have gotten tired of it all and left.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Very interesting sites, Galen............thanks.
Heirloom, old and needs all the help I can
get

> In news:QKtGe.14173$YL5.8023@newsfe2-win.ntli.net,
> Arecibo <news.account@virgin.takeaway.net> had this to say:

>> "John A. Smith" <jas9637@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know what happened to Black Viper. He had good
>>> information relating to settings for services and other info
>>> regarding Windows XP
>>
>> http://dhost.info/kyeu/mirror/blackviper/
>

> I also keep this one handy:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20041128084144/www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
>
> The archive keeps actual copies at different dates. As near as I can tell
> that was the last update to the actual content on the site before he seems
> to have gotten tired of it all and left.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:epea0OHlFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Heirloom <roland58XX@XXcox.net> had this to say:

> Very interesting sites, Galen............thanks.
> Heirloom, old and needs all the help I
> can get
>

> "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> In news:QKtGe.14173$YL5.8023@newsfe2-win.ntli.net,
>> Arecibo <news.account@virgin.takeaway.net> had this to say:

>>> "John A. Smith" <jas9637@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> http://dhost.info/kyeu/mirror/blackviper/
>>

>> I also keep this one handy:
>>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20041128084144/www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
>>
>> The archive keeps actual copies at different dates. As near as I can
>> tell that was the last update to the actual content on the site
>> before he seems to have gotten tired of it all and left.
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
>> without them."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

Not a problem and the site is handy - the WayBack Machine is handy when you
want to see something that's no longer online. You can block it with the
no-archive meta tag to the best of my knowledge but I don't actually know
anyone who has done so.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Thanks to all who responded.. Really wonder what happened to him.

> http://web.archive.org/web/20041128094512/http://www.blackviper.com/
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20041128084144/www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20041125021602/www.blackviper.com/WinXP/strangeservice.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%23QLIwFGlFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> John A. Smith <jas9637@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Does anyone know what happened to Black Viper. He had good information
>> relating to settings for services and other info regarding Windows XP

I think that there are a lot of folks wondering the same thing.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User