Firewall problems

Im trying to start Limewire and it keeps telling me that a firewall is
blocking it and i made limewire an exception but it still isnt working...can
you explain how to get this firewall off so i can use limewire
2 answers Last reply
More about firewall problems

    To turn off the Windows firewall go to the security center, windows firewall,
    and turn it off there.. Only one firewall program should be running at any
    given time on your system, two such programs can not coexist peacefully
    running at the same time. It's either one or the other, it's your call..

    http://www.limewire.com/english/content/support.shtml

    J;-)

    "Triss" wrote:

    > Im trying to start Limewire and it keeps telling me that a firewall is
    > blocking it and i made limewire an exception but it still isnt working...can
    > you explain how to get this firewall off so i can use limewire

    Lets take that one step further..... disable the windows Firewall service
    altogether.

    Start | Settings | Control panel | Administrative Tools | Services | Scroll
    down to find the service called Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
    (ICS) | right click and select Properties | Click Stop, select Disabled from
    the Startup type drop down menu. Reboot.

    Jaymon wrote:
    > To turn off the Windows firewall go to the security center, windows
    > firewall, and turn it off there.. Only one firewall program should be
    > running at any given time on your system, two such programs can not
    > coexist peacefully running at the same time. It's either one or the
    > other, it's your call..
    >

    > http://www.limewire.com/english/content/support.shtml
    >
    > J;-)
    >
    > "Triss" wrote:
    >
    >> Im trying to start Limewire and it keeps telling me that a firewall
    >> is blocking it and i made limewire an exception but it still isnt
    >> working...can you explain how to get this firewall off so i can use
    >> limewire

Firewalls Support Microsoft Windows XP