Firewall problems

Im trying to start Limewire and it keeps telling me that a firewall is
blocking it and i made limewire an exception but it still isnt working...can
you explain how to get this firewall off so i can use limewire

To turn off the Windows firewall go to the security center, windows firewall,
and turn it off there.. Only one firewall program should be running at any
given time on your system, two such programs can not coexist peacefully
running at the same time. It's either one or the other, it's your call..

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/support.shtml

J;-)

"Triss" wrote:

> Im trying to start Limewire and it keeps telling me that a firewall is
> blocking it and i made limewire an exception but it still isnt working...can
> you explain how to get this firewall off so i can use limewire

Lets take that one step further..... disable the windows Firewall service
altogether.

Start | Settings | Control panel | Administrative Tools | Services | Scroll
down to find the service called Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing
(ICS) | right click and select Properties | Click Stop, select Disabled from
the Startup type drop down menu. Reboot.