recovery problem

July 29, 2005 7:53:38 PM

i recently got a new computer and a new hard disk so i jus took a back
up of my old one by copyin all the folders including the "my documents"
folder for that user account.

now the problem is that on my old computer my user account was
passworded. with the result that now windows denies me acces to the my
documents folder that i backed up from that computer. it is very
frustrating because a lot of important files of mine are there present
on my hard disk in my folder but windows wont let me access them
because they are from the my documents folder of a passworded user
account from a different windows xp installation.

please help.

--
siddharth

More about : recovery problem

July 29, 2005 7:53:39 PM

In news:siddharth.1sxz1n@pcbanter.net,
siddharth <siddharth.1sxz1n@pcbanter.net> had this to say:

> i recently got a new computer and a new hard disk so i jus took a back
> up of my old one by copyin all the folders including the "my
> documents" folder for that user account.
>
> now the problem is that on my old computer my user account was
> passworded. with the result that now windows denies me acces to the my
> documents folder that i backed up from that computer. it is very
> frustrating because a lot of important files of mine are there present
> on my hard disk in my folder but windows wont let me access them
> because they are from the my documents folder of a passworded user
> account from a different windows xp installation.
>
> please help.

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes