Drive Mapping Problem

I'm unable to map a drive to a server on our WAN, however I am able to ping
the server by IP address and name. The specific error I'm getting is:

"The drive could not be mapped because no network was found"

Would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Mapped Drive Connection to Network Share May Be Lost - timeout:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297684

--
Mark L. Ferguson