Does a PERC 4/Di need a battery recondition?

I have a dell poweredge 1750 with a PERC 4/Di controller in a RAID 1
configuration running linux thats been in use over 9 months straight.

Does the battery in my PERC 4/Di need to be manually reconditioned or is it
automatic? If so how do I do it? Its megaraid.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about does perc battery recondition

    battery reconditioning is done via the OMAM. (open manage array manager)

    Do you have OMSA (open manage server administrator) and OMAM installed on
    that box ?
    If you dont, its possible that your system may have been telling you to
    reconditon the battery for some time, and you simply have not known it.

    - NuTs

    "Ken Williams" <kenw232@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have a dell poweredge 1750 with a PERC 4/Di controller in a RAID 1
    > configuration running linux thats been in use over 9 months straight.
    >
    > Does the battery in my PERC 4/Di need to be manually reconditioned or is
    > it
    > automatic? If so how do I do it? Its megaraid.
    >
    > Thanks.

Dell Battery Computers