Does a PERC 4/Di need a battery recondition?

I have a dell poweredge 1750 with a PERC 4/Di controller in a RAID 1
configuration running linux thats been in use over 9 months straight.

Does the battery in my PERC 4/Di need to be manually reconditioned or is it
automatic? If so how do I do it? Its megaraid.

Thanks.

battery reconditioning is done via the OMAM. (open manage array manager)

Do you have OMSA (open manage server administrator) and OMAM installed on
that box ?
If you dont, its possible that your system may have been telling you to
reconditon the battery for some time, and you simply have not known it.

- NuTs

"Ken Williams" <kenw232@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a dell poweredge 1750 with a PERC 4/Di controller in a RAID 1
> configuration running linux thats been in use over 9 months straight.
>
> Does the battery in my PERC 4/Di need to be manually reconditioned or is
> it
> automatic? If so how do I do it? Its megaraid.
>
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS