Sign in with
Your question

OH MY GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2001 3:45:20 AM

I just recently installed my visiontek geforce3 video card. I messed around with the clock and ram speed settings for about 5 minutes and now my card is stuck at peforming on par with a geforce2 mx. Before the fiddling with the clock and ram settings everything ran fine. WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME! I even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled and software and drivers and still no improvement. It even runs directx 8 applications but just much more slowly then before. My friend mentioned something about the video card bios. Is there any way to reset it? Maybe I unintentionally made a change to it. It has to be the vid card because I reinstalled everything from scratch after I formatted the hard drive. It may help to know that after I overclocked it, i underclocked it as far as i could. After that, the system crashed and I had to reset. Since then I've been having this suicide inducing problem. IT COST ME $350!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO STUPID. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More about : god

June 6, 2001 5:22:11 AM

That will teach you a lesson that you'll remember. At least I remember my own experience. Goto www.tweakfiles.com and look for a program by a russian guy to test the graphics ram. Hope its ok. You can try reinstalling the bios and for the graphics chip, I don't know if there is a program that can test all it's functions. Hmmm maybe 3Dmark2001.

Anyway, with that card, you just need to fine tune it, not o/c it.

It don't come easy.......not always.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2001 7:01:06 AM

Bring it back to where you got it and ask them to test it for you (don't mention overclocking at all!) if it won't work for them ask for a replacement.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2001 11:16:43 AM

Same problem with me, I overclocked my MX toooo high (from 175/166 to 250/250) and it worked fime for a few days but now I underclock it to 100/100......well anyway it's ok with me, cuz when I play games I can put back to 250/250 but normally in Windows with even 210/210 it hangs up! Did you try 3DMark2001? If u'll get a score less than 2000 then u iether have a very crappy computer or u killed your G3!
:-)
June 6, 2001 3:14:05 PM

Thanks for any advice you guys have given me. I guess what I really want to know is if there is any way to reset the VGA bios on the video card. If so, how can it be done? I dont think I burned the card out because I only overclocked it for about 5 minutes. The other problem I have is that I live in Virginia. The company that i purchased the card from is in california. I'm trying to prevent having to pay $30 shipping both ways for a new card. So if anyone knows how to reset the VGA bios to its original settings, I'd appreciate the instructions.
!