2 OS choices in Startup

July 29, 2005 4:02:02 PM

I just repartitioned, reformatted and reinstalled XP on a HDD. After doing
all the updates etc. suddenly when you reboot, I get the OS-choices menu
showing two XP Home Installations.
Now...unless I'm loosing my mind (which is possible) how did that happen if
I formatted the drive?

More about : choices startup

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 4:45:01 PM

If you can't boot to the second copy, if there is indeed just one, or you
can't actually see it on a drive/partition. You can edit the boot file and
remove it from there. Go to my computer, properties, startup and recovery,
settings, edit, you will see something similar to this:
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
There will be two in your case the one that does not apply (usually at the
bottom) delete it, if you are not sure copy and paste to a post and someone
will id the unneeded second entry that can be deleted..

j;-)

!