Hi Every One:

every time i turn of my laptop i get a window asking me if i want to end the
process of a program clled shelliicon.exe (hidden window) which is obviously
running in teh background, i need to know what is this program and how can i
stop this message from appearing

thank you.
--
Aotri

Aotri,

Until a more explicit (or simpler) solution comes along why don't you try a
little 'home grown' research and check out the thread (on a very similar
problem) at
http://castlecops.com/print-1-127418.html

Good luck as it looks like you may need some time to properly
diagnose/repair this.

--
Michael

"Aotri" <Aotri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Every One:
>
> every time i turn of my laptop i get a window asking me if i want to end
> the
> process of a program called shelliicon.exe (hidden window) which is
> obviously
> running in the background, i need to know what is this program and how can
> stop this message from appearing
>
> thank you.
> --
> Aotri

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

My first move would be to go to add/remove programs and take off anything
that is not absolutly necessary - get rid of all the junk. Then run msconfig
> startup and look for anything out of the ordinary - you can play around...
if you're not sure of an item, disable it and see what happens and if that
doesn't make a difference, re-enable that and so on. Finally, I've found a
good Registry checker really helpfull.
Hope this helps.
--
Grant Turri-Petrie

"Aotri" wrote:

> Hi Every One:
>
> every time i turn of my laptop i get a window asking me if i want to end the
> process of a program clled shelliicon.exe (hidden window) which is obviously
> running in teh background, i need to know what is this program and how can i
> stop this message from appearing
>
> thank you.
> --
> Aotri

[[MusicMatch have released a further update that successfully resolves this
issue and it may be applied by following the MusicMatch Technical Support
email quoted...]]
shelliconhiddenwindow error at shutdown
http://64.91.226.241/showthread.php?t=65316

That error message window seems to be caused by Musicmatch Jukebox.
You do not need MusicMatch running at startup. You can always start the apps
manually.

Remove these two entries...
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mimboot.exe

from...
---

mm_tray.exe is the tray bar process for MusicMatch Jukebox which organizes
and plays music media such as MP3s. It gives the user easy access to the
MusicMatch Jukebox application and settings. This is a non-essential
process.

mimboot.exe is a process associated with Musicmatch Jukebox. The process
makes sure that Musicmatch is launched when starting up the system.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:4A1668EE-783D-411E-A55F-D3239C338EC9@microsoft.com,
Aotri <Aotri@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Every One:
>
> every time i turn of my laptop i get a window asking me if i want to end
> the process of a program clled shelliicon.exe (hidden window) which is
> obviously running in teh background, i need to know what is this program
> and how can i stop this message from appearing
>
> thank you.
> --
> Aotri

Hi wesly:

thankyou very much for your help, you were right i do have music match and
after doing what you said things are ok again.

thank you again.

Aotri

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> [[MusicMatch have released a further update that successfully resolves this
> issue and it may be applied by following the MusicMatch Technical Support
> email quoted...]]
> shelliconhiddenwindow error at shutdown
> http://64.91.226.241/showthread.php?t=65316
>

> That error message window seems to be caused by Musicmatch Jukebox.
> You do not need MusicMatch running at startup. You can always start the apps
> manually.
>
> Remove these two entries...
> C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
> C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mimboot.exe
>
> from...
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
> ---
>
> mm_tray.exe is the tray bar process for MusicMatch Jukebox which organizes
> and plays music media such as MP3s. It gives the user easy access to the
> MusicMatch Jukebox application and settings. This is a non-essential
> process.
>
> mimboot.exe is a process associated with Musicmatch Jukebox. The process
> makes sure that Musicmatch is launched when starting up the system.
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:4A1668EE-783D-411E-A55F-D3239C338EC9@microsoft.com,
> Aotri <Aotri@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi Every One:
> >
> > every time i turn of my laptop i get a window asking me if i want to end
> > the process of a program clled shelliicon.exe (hidden window) which is
> > obviously running in teh background, i need to know what is this program
> > and how can i stop this message from appearing
> >
> > thank you.
> > --
> > Aotri

Glad to hear it, Aotri. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User