Error copying files to a CD

A friend of mine has an HP Pavilion with Windows XP SP1. She has always
experienced a problem when copying files to a CD. When files to be copied
have been selected, she must log out and log back in to complete the copy
process. Upon logging back in, a balloon pops up saying there are files to
be copied. She then clicks the balloon and the files are copied to the CD.
Based solely upon hearing the symptoms with no access to the PC, somebody
told her it was due to an incompatible copy program. Does that sound right?
What should she do to research and correct the problem? Thanks for any help.

Might need a brush up, see link below:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php

j;-)

"CurtB" wrote:

> A friend of mine has an HP Pavilion with Windows XP SP1. She has always
> experienced a problem when copying files to a CD. When files to be copied
> have been selected, she must log out and log back in to complete the copy
> process. Upon logging back in, a balloon pops up saying there are files to
> be copied. She then clicks the balloon and the files are copied to the CD.
> Based solely upon hearing the symptoms with no access to the PC, somebody
> told her it was due to an incompatible copy program. Does that sound right?
> What should she do to research and correct the problem? Thanks for any help.

Jaymon, thank you for the information. The answer to her problem is probably
in there somewhere. Finding it is the rub. The odd thing is that I have
copied files to CD using another PC with hardware and software specs that
originally were almost identical to hers. It has always worked fine, but
hers never has. Curt

CurtB wrote:
> A friend of mine has an HP Pavilion with Windows XP SP1. She has
> always experienced a problem when copying files to a CD. When files
> to be copied have been selected, she must log out and log back in to
> complete the copy process. Upon logging back in, a balloon pops up
> saying there are files to be copied. She then clicks the balloon and
> the files are copied to the CD. Based solely upon hearing the
> symptoms with no access to the PC, somebody told her it was due to an
> incompatible copy program. Does that sound right? What should she do
> to research and correct the problem? Thanks for any help.

How about getting your friend to use Nero?

www.nero.com