Dimension 3000, PCI Express

Could some one tell me whether I can use a PCI Express video card in this
computer instead of what it comes with? I f I can, how would I disable the
existing one and point to the new one when the computer boots? Sorry, I am
doing this for the first time. Thanks........BJ
4 answers Last reply
More about dimension 3000 express

    No. The 3000 is a budget system - no PCI Express, no AGP. The video
    can be upgraded, but only with a PCI card, which will limit you to low
    to mid range video chipsets.

    Brian J wrote:
    > Could some one tell me whether I can use a PCI Express video card in this
    > computer instead of what it comes with? I f I can, how would I disable the
    > existing one and point to the new one when the computer boots? Sorry, I am
    > doing this for the first time. Thanks........BJ

    Thanks, one other question, can I use a PCI Express card in an old Dimension
    4100? Thanks.........BJ

    Brian J wrote:

    > Thanks, one other question, can I use a PCI Express card in an old Dimension
    > 4100? Thanks.........BJ

    No. PCI-E is a new technology.

    Bob

    Nope. The 4100 has an AGP4X slot.

    Among the Dimensions, only the 4700, 8400 and the newer Dimension-XPS
    (Gen3, 4, 5) have PCI-Ex socket.

    Brian J wrote:
    > Thanks, one other question, can I use a PCI Express card in an old Dimension
    > 4100? Thanks.........BJ

Dell Computer Dimension PCI Express Computers