logitech mx 1000 laser mouse

recently purchased. it seem the universal forward and back buttons do not
work with internet pages. they will work for things like files when looking
at pictures.
the pamplet says they should work for the internet. does anyone out there
have a solution? thank you very much..........steve
--
Thanks
4 answers Last reply

    Your best bet would be Logitech's website
    http://tinyurl.com/5auhe
    Also, try reinstalling the software that came with the mouse. Be sure to
    read the installation instructions carefully.
    Good luck

    "Litespeed" <Litespeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > recently purchased. it seem the universal forward and back buttons do not
    > work with internet pages. they will work for things like files when
    > looking
    > at pictures.
    > the pamplet says they should work for the internet. does anyone out there
    > have a solution? thank you very much..........steve
    > --
    > Thanks

    "Litespeed" <Litespeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > recently purchased. it seem the universal forward and back buttons do not
    > work with internet pages. they will work for things like files when
    > looking
    > at pictures.
    > the pamplet says they should work for the internet. does anyone out there
    > have a solution? thank you very much..........steve
    > --
    > Thanks

    I found that it works okay with Internet Explorer but not with other
    browsers.

    My solution was to reassign the buttons from Forward and Back to "keystroke"
    specifying alt + left arrow for back and alt + right arrow for forward.
    Seems to work in all browsers that way.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    "Litespeed" <Litespeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > recently purchased. it seem the universal forward and back buttons do not
    > work with internet pages. they will work for things like files when
    > looking
    > at pictures.
    > the pamplet says they should work for the internet. does anyone out there
    > have a solution? thank you very much..........steve
    > --
    > Thanks

    Have you installed the software that came with the mouse?

    I have the MX1000, and so do most of my work mates and as far as I can tell
    ours all work fine in that capacity, I know mine does anyway.

    Woady

    Thank you hillbilly, logtech should mention this in there pamplet. Be
    reassigning
    the keys as you suggested, I can now use the forward and backward buttons
    with my AOL browser...............you did good, thanks again!! Steve
    --
    Thanks

    "HillBillyBuddhist" wrote:

    > "Litespeed" <Litespeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > recently purchased. it seem the universal forward and back buttons do not
    > > work with internet pages. they will work for things like files when
    > > looking
    > > at pictures.
    > > the pamplet says they should work for the internet. does anyone out there
    > > have a solution? thank you very much..........steve
    > > --
    > > Thanks
    >
    > I found that it works okay with Internet Explorer but not with other
    > browsers.
    >
    > My solution was to reassign the buttons from Forward and Back to "keystroke"
    > specifying alt + left arrow for back and alt + right arrow for forward.
    > Seems to work in all browsers that way.

    > I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    > I was just trying to help.
    > Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
    > advice herein.
    > No warranty is expressed or implied.
    > Your mileage may vary.
    > See store for details. :)
    >
    > Remove shoes to E-mail.

Mice Internet Microsoft Logitech Windows XP