ADSL modem problem

Ive got a broadband modem (speedtouch 330). Ive installed all the ISP
companies software. When I try and connect I get an error 680 - cant find a
ring tone!! Then I picked up my phone to check i did have a tone and by
chance the modem connected. Tried it 10 times and the same everytime. Whats
happening guys?? Appreciate any ideas, its driving me mad!! Thanks

cp

Call your providers tech support if possible.
Try looking in IE: Tools - Internet Options - Connections and see if there's
anything in there.
I am no expert I did have this problem too and the above fixed my problem.
Good luck.