Trying to keep an eye on my kids.

Hello Everyone,

I have 3 girls that share a XP Home system.

They each have their own logon that is password protected. (I know their
passwords)

What I'd like to do is know the time(s) each day they logon, how much time
they're spending each day on the PC and also what they're doing.

I really need to know about actual activity with in their logon time because
a lot of the times they'll logon, do something and then walk away from the
PC without logging off. The session is active with no activity if that makes
sense.

Also, is there a way to log them out after a predetermined no-activity time
frame, say 10 minutes? That way if what I want to do is possible I would
think I would get a better idea of just how much time they're on the PC.

Thanks.

CP
4 answers Last reply
More about trying kids

    Take a look at this http://tinyurl.com/7vkau I can't personaly recommend a
    certain program, maybe some one else can Also if you are thinking of
    restricting certain activities go here http://www.dougknox.com/ and download
    the Win XP security console.

    "CP" <cptrout@att.net> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I have 3 girls that share a XP Home system.
    >
    > They each have their own logon that is password protected. (I know their
    > passwords)
    >
    > What I'd like to do is know the time(s) each day they logon, how much time
    > they're spending each day on the PC and also what they're doing.
    >
    > I really need to know about actual activity with in their logon time
    > because a lot of the times they'll logon, do something and then walk away
    > from the PC without logging off. The session is active with no activity if
    > that makes sense.
    >
    > Also, is there a way to log them out after a predetermined no-activity
    > time frame, say 10 minutes? That way if what I want to do is possible I
    > would think I would get a better idea of just how much time they're on the
    > PC.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > CP

    IamBigBrother
    http://www.iambigbrother.com/

    PC TimeWatch
    http://www.mainsoft.fr/en/pctwoverview.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "CP" wrote:

    | Hello Everyone,
    |
    | I have 3 girls that share a XP Home system.
    |
    | They each have their own logon that is password protected. (I know their
    | passwords)
    |
    | What I'd like to do is know the time(s) each day they logon, how much time
    | they're spending each day on the PC and also what they're doing.
    |
    | I really need to know about actual activity with in their logon time because
    | a lot of the times they'll logon, do something and then walk away from the
    | PC without logging off. The session is active with no activity if that makes
    | sense.
    |
    | Also, is there a way to log them out after a predetermined no-activity time
    | frame, say 10 minutes? That way if what I want to do is possible I would
    | think I would get a better idea of just how much time they're on the PC.
    |
    | Thanks.
    |
    | CP

    As far as seeing what they are doing, you would need a keylogger program.
    Do a Google, there are plenty of them. Don't about the predetermined
    logoff.

    CP wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I have 3 girls that share a XP Home system.
    >
    > They each have their own logon that is password protected. (I know their
    > passwords)
    >
    > What I'd like to do is know the time(s) each day they logon, how much time
    > they're spending each day on the PC and also what they're doing.
    >
    > I really need to know about actual activity with in their logon time because
    > a lot of the times they'll logon, do something and then walk away from the
    > PC without logging off. The session is active with no activity if that makes
    > sense.
    >
    > Also, is there a way to log them out after a predetermined no-activity time
    > frame, say 10 minutes? That way if what I want to do is possible I would
    > think I would get a better idea of just how much time they're on the PC.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > CP

    Have you tried the screensaver on a 10 minute time out with user login
    required afterwards?

Microsoft Windows XP