problem with xp boot disk 5

July 29, 2005 8:27:05 PM

All of a sudden windows (xp-pro) is not loading...if I try to start in
safe mode...I get the a message that is somethiing like this: "loading
vax347b esc to cancel"...then the computer reboots.......I tried using
the xp boot disks but as I insert disc 5 I get the message: "
flpdisk.sys is corrupted" and the computer reboots........ I have tried
booting from the XP-disc (after setting up the bios) but it wont do
it... where do I go from here????

More about : problem boot disk

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 9:14:59 PM

Disc 5 may be bad, try recreating the six boot up discs on new floppies.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314058
Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console

!