Hello everyone, I know there are a million of these laptop advice threads so thanks in advance if you are able to help me out with my search. My story is this - recently started back at college again and have discovered that all my teachers use online portals for their classes. That being said I need a new laptop and quickly so I can keep up with the demands of my teachers. Without further ado I'll answer the questions about what I'm looking for
1. What is your budget? maximum of $400
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any size
3. What screen resolution do you want? Doesn't matter but prefer HD and 16:9
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable since I'll be carrying it around with me
5. How much battery life do you need? Enough to last through a 7 hour day with medium use
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I would like to play games but I know at this budget it will be harder to find.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Web surfing , light programming, gaming( if possible), playing music
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? at least 320 should be enough
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. More interested in quality and price.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 3 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM is fine
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No brand loyalty
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I am basically trying to find a laptop within budget that can do SOME gaming even if only certain games and medium settings, has good battery life and is within budget. Extra points if it has USB 3.0 and Gigabit LAN