Are Geforce3 cards AGP PRO?

G

I just bought an Intel D859GB motherboard and noticed it doesn't have an AGP Pro Slot!. I plan on buying a Video card using the Geforce3 chip by the end of the summer. Do the Geforce 3 cards use the AGP Pro Slot? If not, do I even have to worry?

-P.S. I wanted to buy an ASUS P4T or a Gigabyte GA-8TX but they were on back order (so I've been told). My other alternative was the MS-6339 motherboard but Tomshardware doesn't seem crazy about this board.

G

the GeForce 3 runs on a 4x AGP slot (at least mine does.) i don't think they'll have a standard PCI version, as it'd severely hamper the performance, since standard PCI transfer rates are 133mb/sec, while AGP 4x is 1024mb/sec)

Andrew

G

The Motherboard does have an AGP slot, it's just not an AGP PRO. Does 4X mean it's not a pro card? Would a pro card be 8X???

fulgore_123

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
Well, "Pro" cards just require more power. Right now, there's no cosumer level card that requires the extra power (electricity, not graphics power) that the Pro part offers on almost all the new mobo's.
In a few words Don't worry.
:cool: Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by fulgore_123 on 06/08/01 01:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
GeForce 3 cards are normal AGP cards. They're not AGP pro. Only workstation Graphics like Wildcats and stuff are AGP Pro.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>