What is wrong with my Del?

Last response: in Computer Brands
May 20, 2005 5:28:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

More about : wrong del

May 20, 2005 5:41:15 PM

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

Sure, buy a Mac. It's better than spill-proof... it likes to have
coffee spilled inside, everywhere... in the keyboard, in the CD slot,
in the case vents...
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 5:54:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

"Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> stated in post
1116621675.350347.38380@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com on 5/20/05 1:41 PM:

> mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
>> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
>> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
>> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
>
> Sure, buy a Mac. It's better than spill-proof... it likes to have
> coffee spilled inside, everywhere... in the keyboard, in the CD slot,
> in the case vents...

The Mac prefers Cocoa to Java, but works well with either.

--
"If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
May 20, 2005 6:04:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

After returning to my cubicle after lunch, the whole Del key is
gonr^D^De ! (Apparently, somebodu^Dy upset with my message took it
away). What do I do now?
May 20, 2005 6:34:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is
sticky.
> > Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative
keys?
> > Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
>
> After returning to my cubicle after lunch, the whole Del key is
> gonr^D^De ! (Apparently, somebodu^Dy upset with my message took it
> away). What do I do now?

Wait for one of your co-workers to leave his cubicle, then swap
keyboards with him.

You're welcome.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 6:54:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:

> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

There are about 100 sarcastic things I can say, concerning your post,
but I'll bite my tongue...

Is it a laptop or desktop?

Notan
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 7:00:29 PM

Edwin wrote:
> mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> > After returning to my cubicle after lunch, the whole Del key is
> > gonr^D^De ! (Apparently, somebodu^Dy upset with my message took it
> > away). What do I do now?
>
> Wait for one of your co-workers to leave his cubicle, then swap
> keyboards with him.

Wouldn't I get fired if discovered? Wait a minute, if I target my boss
keyboard, without Del he wouldn't be able to fire anybody!
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 7:20:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:

> mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> > Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> > Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
>
> After returning to my cubicle after lunch, the whole Del key is
> gonr^D^De ! (Apparently, somebodu^Dy upset with my message took it
> away). What do I do now?

Climb back under the bridge.

Notan
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 7:32:11 PM

Notan wrote:
> Is it a laptop or desktop?

It's palm-pilot. Why should it matter?
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 8:50:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

I was prepared to offer that there is one "L" missing in your Del. The
real answer is to buy a new keyboard.

May 20, 2005 8:51:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

I heard that eMachines prefers decaf.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> wrote in message

> mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> > Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> > Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
>
> Sure, buy a Mac. It's better than spill-proof... it likes to have
> coffee spilled inside, everywhere... in the keyboard, in the CD slot,
> in the case vents...

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 10:10:29 PM

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

Arrow key and Backspace will get the job done.

If your travel mug fits the cup-holder, use that.

Ed
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 10:24:16 PM

Notan wrote:
> The reason I (sarcastically) gave him that advice, is because
> the post appears to have been nothing but a troll call.

You do subtitles for humor impaired, do you?
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 1:37:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

Typo, Notan. Really meant 'humor inspired'.

Ted Zieglar

<mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Notan wrote:
>> The reason I (sarcastically) gave him that advice, is because
>> the post appears to have been nothing but a troll call.
>
> You do subtitles for humor impaired, do you?

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:02:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

Keyboards can be had new for $4.00. Why bother
with a spoiled keyboard.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:04:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
>>Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
>>Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
>

> After returning to my cubicle after lunch, the whole Del key is
> gonr^D^De ! (Apparently, somebodu^Dy upset with my message took it
> away). What do I do now?

Turn around and go home. On the way apply for a
job at the Dairy Queen.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:21:40 AM

On 20 May 2005 13:28:12 -0700, mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:

>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
>Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
>Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

It's simple, wash the coffee off with a can of Coke.

Bob
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:21:41 AM

Coke? Be serious. A job like that needs turpentine.

Ted Zieglar

"Capt Bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> On 20 May 2005 13:28:12 -0700, mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
>>Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
>>Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
>

> It's simple, wash the coffee off with a can of Coke.
>

> Bob
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:40:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <BEB39C9E.19D86%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID says...

> The Mac prefers Cocoa to Java, but works well with either.

Mine seems to like Macallan 25 quite well.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <1116620892.293683.240680@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:

> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

you spill something (coke, coffee, tea) into a keyboard of any computer
and you likely kill it dead. Wash it out with warm running water, and
let it dry thoroughly, that might save it.

--
George Graves
------------------

George Graves wrote:

> In article <1116620892.293683.240680@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> > Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> > Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
>
> you spill something (coke, coffee, tea) into a keyboard of any computer
> and you likely kill it dead. Wash it out with warm running water, and
> let it dry thoroughly, that might save it.

And, as far as giving this OP advice, I'd leave it plugged in.

The warm components will dry faster than cold ones.

Notan
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 4:40:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <428E7FB3.DDF657EC@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
wrote:

> George Graves wrote:
> >
> > In article <1116620892.293683.240680@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > > I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> > > Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> > > Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
> >
> > you spill something (coke, coffee, tea) into a keyboard of any computer
> > and you likely kill it dead. Wash it out with warm running water, and
> > let it dry thoroughly, that might save it.
>
> And, as far as giving this OP advice, I'd leave it plugged in.
>
> The warm components will dry faster than cold ones.
>
> Notan

Do NOT take this piece of advice. You can kill your computer. BTW, I
have had washing the keyboard out work wonders. It works even better if
you can take your keyboard apart. Just let the Mboard air dry and dry
the case pieces off with paper towels

--
George Graves
------------------
A sports car makes the journey more fun than the destination.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 4:40:06 AM

George Graves wrote:

> In article <428E7FB3.DDF657EC@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
> wrote:
>
> > George Graves wrote:

> > > you spill something (coke, coffee, tea) into a keyboard of any computer
> > > and you likely kill it dead. Wash it out with warm running water, and
> > > let it dry thoroughly, that might save it.
> >
> > And, as far as giving this OP advice, I'd leave it plugged in.
> >
> > The warm components will dry faster than cold ones.
> >
> > Notan
>
> Do NOT take this piece of advice. You can kill your computer. BTW, I
> have had washing the keyboard out work wonders. It works even better if
> you can take your keyboard apart. Just let the Mboard air dry and dry
> the case pieces off with paper towels

The reason I (sarcastically) gave him that advice, is because
the post appears to have been nothing but a troll call.

Notan
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 5:00:02 AM

Snit wrote:

> "Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> stated in post
> 1116621675.350347.38380@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com on 5/20/05 1:41 PM:
>

>>mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
>>>Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
>>>Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
>>
>>Sure, buy a Mac. It's better than spill-proof... it likes to have
>>coffee spilled inside, everywhere... in the keyboard, in the CD slot,
>>in the case vents...
>>

> The Mac prefers Cocoa to Java, but works well with either.

I thought the Macs preferred double decaf cappuccino with a twist?
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 5:00:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

"Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> stated in post
lfzje.45374$HJ2.13096@fe11.lga on 5/20/05 10:00 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> "Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> stated in post
>> 1116621675.350347.38380@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com on 5/20/05 1:41 PM:

>>> Sure, buy a Mac. It's better than spill-proof... it likes to have
>>> coffee spilled inside, everywhere... in the keyboard, in the CD slot,
>>> in the case vents...
>>>

>> The Mac prefers Cocoa to Java, but works well with either.
>
> I thought the Macs preferred double decaf cappuccino with a twist?

No, you probably are thinking of what they really do love: Cupertino.

:)

--
"If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
May 21, 2005 5:08:40 AM

> George Graves wrote:
>>
>> In article <428E7FB3.DDF657EC@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
>> wrote:

>> > And, as far as giving this OP advice, I'd leave it plugged in.
>> >
>> > The warm components will dry faster than cold ones.
>> >
>> > Notan
>>
>> Do NOT take this piece of advice. You can kill your computer. BTW, I
>> have had washing the keyboard out work wonders. It works even better if
>> you can take your keyboard apart. Just let the Mboard air dry and dry
>> the case pieces off with paper towels
>
> The reason I (sarcastically) gave him that advice, is because
> the post appears to have been nothing but a troll call.
>
> Notan

Actually, the solution for sticking keys on the original IBM PC keyboard was
to run it through your dishwasher.

Tom
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 6:27:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <1116620892.293683.240680@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:

> I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

Put the KB in your dishwasher for a cycle, then let it dry out for 3-4
days in a warm place.
--
Yours,
Tom

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <428E84A6.2BAEF3B@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
wrote:

> George Graves wrote:
> >
> > In article <428E7FB3.DDF657EC@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
> > wrote:

> > > And, as far as giving this OP advice, I'd leave it plugged in.
> > >
> > > The warm components will dry faster than cold ones.
> > >
> > > Notan
> >
> > Do NOT take this piece of advice. You can kill your computer. BTW, I
> > have had washing the keyboard out work wonders. It works even better if
> > you can take your keyboard apart. Just let the Mboard air dry and dry
> > the case pieces off with paper towels
>
> The reason I (sarcastically) gave him that advice, is because
> the post appears to have been nothing but a troll call.
>
> Notan

I don't troll and it's sound advice. Why would you think it a troll?

--
George Graves
------------------
A sports car makes the journey more fun than the destination.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 8:05:40 AM

George Graves wrote:

> In article <428E84A6.2BAEF3B@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
> wrote:
>
> > George Graves wrote:

> > > Do NOT take this piece of advice. You can kill your computer. BTW, I
> > > have had washing the keyboard out work wonders. It works even better if
> > > you can take your keyboard apart. Just let the Mboard air dry and dry
> > > the case pieces off with paper towels
> >
> > The reason I (sarcastically) gave him that advice, is because
> > the post appears to have been nothing but a troll call.
> >
> > Notan
>
> I don't troll and it's sound advice. Why would you think it a troll?

I wasn't referring to you... OP = Original Poster.

Notan
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 8:29:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <118t971jafisdbd@corp.supernews.com>, ajv2003@cableone.net
says...
> mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> > Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> > Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
> >

> Keyboards can be had new for $4.00. Why bother
> with a spoiled keyboard.

Or $50 for an Apple one, or $79 for a GOOD keyboard for the mac.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!!"
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:03:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <MPG.1cf8750c75a8f32b98a797@news.verizon.net>,
Randy Howard <randyhoward@FOOverizonBAR.net> wrote:

> In article <118t971jafisdbd@corp.supernews.com>, ajv2003@cableone.net
> says...
> > mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> > > Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> > > Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)
> > >

> > Keyboards can be had new for $4.00. Why bother
> > with a spoiled keyboard.
>
> Or $50 for an Apple one, or $79 for a GOOD keyboard for the mac.

Actually, Microcenter sells the Macally iKey for $29.95. EXCELLENT Mac
keyboard.

--
George Graves
------------------
A sports car makes the journey more fun than the destination.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 6:13:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

Best NOT to put keyboard in Dishwasher!
There MAY be some keyboards that this would work with, but NOT those
in my experience.
I would try to remove the key from its post with a key puller, or even
a small, flat screwdriver.-then clean the gunk.
The keyboards I have dissassembled have contained several sheets of
thin plastic with circuits printed on them. These are folded together
and once wet would remain wet, virtually forever.
I have successfully cleaned two or three, but if the offending fluid
is acidic, such as orange juice, cola drinks,etc, the printed circuity
will be damaged in a matter of hours.
I would wash the sheets of plastic, wip & dry carefully with a
hairdryer, holding the folded piece open.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 6:13:04 PM

gg wrote:

> Best NOT to put keyboard in Dishwasher!
> There MAY be some keyboards that this would work with, but NOT those
> in my experience.
> I would try to remove the key from its post with a key puller, or even
> a small, flat screwdriver.-then clean the gunk.
> The keyboards I have dissassembled have contained several sheets of
> thin plastic with circuits printed on them. These are folded together
> and once wet would remain wet, virtually forever.
> I have successfully cleaned two or three, but if the offending fluid
> is acidic, such as orange juice, cola drinks,etc, the printed circuity
> will be damaged in a matter of hours.
> I would wash the sheets of plastic, wip & dry carefully with a
> hairdryer, holding the folded piece open.

Mind you, when asked if the OP had a laptop or desktop,
he responded, "It's palm-pilot. Why should it matter?"

Again, in my opinion, nothing but a troll.

Notan
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 6:13:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

I was about to wonder if anyone caught that <lol>

> Mind you, when asked if the OP had a laptop or desktop,
> he responded, "It's palm-pilot. Why should it matter?"
>
> Again, in my opinion, nothing but a troll.
>
> Notan
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 8:50:29 PM

Snit wrote:

> "Sparky Spartacus" <Sparky@universalexports.org> stated in post
> lfzje.45374$HJ2.13096@fe11.lga on 5/20/05 10:00 PM:
>

>>Snit wrote:
>>

>>>"Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> stated in post
>>>1116621675.350347.38380@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com on 5/20/05 1:41 PM:

>>>The Mac prefers Cocoa to Java, but works well with either.
>>
>>I thought the Macs preferred double decaf cappuccino with a twist?
>

> No, you probably are thinking of what they really do love: Cupertino.
>
> :)

Of course! :)
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 8:51:21 PM

Monica wrote:

> I was about to wonder if anyone caught that <lol>

I thought it indicated a preference for self abuse.

;)

>>Mind you, when asked if the OP had a laptop or desktop,
>>he responded, "It's palm-pilot. Why should it matter?"
>>
>>Again, in my opinion, nothing but a troll.
>>
>>Notan

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 9:23:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <tb-F4EEC1.02272621052005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Tom Bates <tb@offthehk.lk> wrote:
> Put the KB in your dishwasher for a cycle, then let it dry out for 3-4
> days in a warm place.

In case you think he's joking, he is not. I recently asked the hardware
guys at work about cleaning some electronics, and they gave the same
advice. As long as you let them dry out completely before using them,
most electronic devices are safe to wash in the top rack of the
dishwasher.

However, be careful of devices that have LCDs. I washed a remote
control in the dishwasher, and the LCD was damaged. It has a big
splotch now that doesn't work. LCDs really do not like heat (I've had
calculators die just by carrying them in my pocket for a few days in the
summer).

If you don't want to risk the heat, another approach is to take off all
the keycaps, and wash them in the dishwasher. For the base, you can
hose it down, or take it into the shower. The keycaps will probably be
OK in the silverware tray, but cover it with something, or they will
likely get out, and maybe even go down the drain.

--
--Tim Smith
May 22, 2005 10:32:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

spill proof PC

http://tinyurl.com/83r6s

>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

Anonymous
May 22, 2005 4:27:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

This message has been incorrectly posted to two newsgroups. Everyone should
know by now that the correct newsgroup for the "Del" key is
alt.binaries.erotica.del !!! ... Ben Myers

On 20 May 2005 13:28:12 -0700, mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com wrote:

>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
>Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
>Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

May 23, 2005 12:43:35 AM

"Randy Howard" <randyhoward@FOOverizonBAR.net> wrote in message
> In article <BEB39C9E.19D86%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID says...
>> >
>> The Mac prefers Cocoa to Java, but works well with either.
>
> Mine seems to like Macallan 25 quite well.

You can afford to spill Macallan 25? I'm impressed.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 2:23:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

In article <X96ke.226$uu.150@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, thorne25
@juno.com says...

> "Randy Howard" <randyhoward@FOOverizonBAR.net> wrote in message
> > In article <BEB39C9E.19D86%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>,
> > SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID says...
> >> >
> >> The Mac prefers Cocoa to Java, but works well with either.
> >
> > Mine seems to like Macallan 25 quite well.
>
> You can afford to spill Macallan 25?

I don't try to.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!!"
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:18:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

lol

"William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
news:D aZje.17191$J25.11946@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
> spill proof PC
>
> http://tinyurl.com/83r6s
>

> <mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
>> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
>> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:18:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

Can't believe this thread is still alive. But as long as we're all still
here: I have seen in stores flexible keyboards made of a rubber-like
material that truely are spill proof. Moreover, you can roll them up into a
cylinder and take them wherever you go.

Ted Zieglar

"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> lol
>

> "William" <alone@home.com> wrote in message
> news:D aZje.17191$J25.11946@bignews6.bellsouth.net...
>> spill proof PC
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/83r6s
>>

>> <mikharakiri_nospaum@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.
>>> Sometimes it deletes more items than I want to. Any alternative keys?
>>> Should I buy Mac instead (if it's spill-proof?)

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 2:28:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.mac.advocacy (More info?)

> >>I spilled up a cofee to my keyboard, so that my "Del" key is sticky.

> > After returning to my cubicle after lunch, the whole Del key is
> > gonr^D^De !

Man talk about strong coffee ...
!