Volume control on taskbar

I have been trying to put back the volume icon on my taskbar - so that I can
control the sound. I've had no luck. The place where I could check the
volume icon for notification is grayed out. The compaq people had me
uninstall a driver and that did no good. I found instructions for those who
have the cd, but mine was preinstalled. Any ideas for what I could do?

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com
1 answer Last reply
More about volume control taskbar

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Caprice" <sharannd@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O5HiERLlFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    >I have been trying to put back the volume icon on my taskbar - so that I can control the sound. I've had no luck. The place where
    >I could check the volume icon for notification is grayed out. The compaq people had me uninstall a driver and that did no good. I
    >found instructions for those who have the cd, but mine was preinstalled. Any ideas for what I could do?

    > FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
    > Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    > http://mail.giantcompany.com

Taskbar Spam Windows XP