I am not sure who did it or how it happened, but I cannot find my taskbar. I
went to the control panel and when I click the icon the application starts
but never comes up. How do I get my taskbar back?

Move your pointer to the very bottom of the screen, Right click and hold it
and drag the taskbar back up.

"Jeff Dowdy" <JeffDowdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am not sure who did it or how it happened, but I cannot find my taskbar.
> went to the control panel and when I click the icon the application starts
> but never comes up. How do I get my taskbar back?

I tried that, but all I get is the marquee outline. I have done that before
and got an "I" shaped cursor when I accidentally resized it. This thing is
gone! The taskbar setting box from the control panel appears as an open
application while nothing appears on the screen to change settings.

"RonK" wrote:

> Move your pointer to the very bottom of the screen, Right click and hold it
> and drag the taskbar back up.
>
> "Jeff Dowdy" <JeffDowdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am not sure who did it or how it happened, but I cannot find my taskbar.
> > went to the control panel and when I click the icon the application starts
> > but never comes up. How do I get my taskbar back?

Try hitting Ctrl and Escape keys.

>I tried that, but all I get is the marquee outline. I have done that
>before
> and got an "I" shaped cursor when I accidentally resized it. This thing
> is
> gone! The taskbar setting box from the control panel appears as an open
> application while nothing appears on the screen to change settings.
>
> "RonK" wrote:
>
>> Move your pointer to the very bottom of the screen, Right click and hold
>> it
>> and drag the taskbar back up.
>>
>> "Jeff Dowdy" <JeffDowdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am not sure who did it or how it happened, but I cannot find my
>> >taskbar.
>> > went to the control panel and when I click the icon the application
>> > starts
>> > but never comes up. How do I get my taskbar back?

Already tried that, nothing???

"RonK" wrote:

> Try hitting Ctrl and Escape keys.
>
> "Jeff Dowdy" <JeffDowdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried that, but all I get is the marquee outline. I have done that
> >before
> > and got an "I" shaped cursor when I accidentally resized it. This thing
> > is
> > gone! The taskbar setting box from the control panel appears as an open
> > application while nothing appears on the screen to change settings.
> >
> > "RonK" wrote:
> >
> >> Move your pointer to the very bottom of the screen, Right click and hold
> >> it
> >> and drag the taskbar back up.
> >>
> >> "Jeff Dowdy" <JeffDowdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Try increasing your desktop resolution just to see if it is there. If you
are at 1024 x 768 set it to 1280 x 1024 temporarily.

> Already tried that, nothing???
>
> "RonK" wrote:
>
>> Try hitting Ctrl and Escape keys.
>>
>> "Jeff Dowdy" <JeffDowdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I tried that, but all I get is the marquee outline. I have done that
>> >before
>> > and got an "I" shaped cursor when I accidentally resized it. This
>> > thing
>> > is
>> > gone! The taskbar setting box from the control panel appears as an
>> > open
>> > application while nothing appears on the screen to change settings.

Fitz

If nothing else, restart in Safe Mode and see if you can make appropriate
changes.