Computer reboots at startup

Hi

Over the last couple of weeks, my XP Home SP2 system has started
rebooting itself just after startup. Thought it might be a virus or
spyware but have been unable to find it via Norton AV, trendmicro,
adaware and MS Antispyware scans. Finally managed to get an event
viewer log today, details of ehich are:

Source: System error
Category: (102)
Event id: 1003

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 8056599f,
parameter3 bae5d96c, parameter4 00000000.

Anyone know what this might mean ?

Thanks

David
1 answer Last reply
More about computer reboots startup

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - left hand column
    (8E)

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "David" <david.billingham@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Over the last couple of weeks, my XP Home SP2 system has started
    > rebooting itself just after startup. Thought it might be a virus or
    > spyware but have been unable to find it via Norton AV, trendmicro,
    > adaware and MS Antispyware scans. Finally managed to get an event
    > viewer log today, details of ehich are:
    >
    > Source: System error
    > Category: (102)
    > Event id: 1003
    >
    > Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 8056599f,
    > parameter3 bae5d96c, parameter4 00000000.
    >

    > Anyone know what this might mean ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > David

Windows XP