Info needed for Dell Dimension 4100

Paul_in_NC

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004

Hello.
I am looking for a technical diagram/drawing for the motherboard of my Dell
Dimension 4100.
I am attempting to move it to a different case, and the pins where you plug
in the power button, hdd light, power light (etc) aren't clearly marked, and
I need the diagram so I can tell which plugs go into which pins.
TIA.

Paul

The easiest way to figure this out is to trace the wire leads from the
motherboard to the mini-circuit board which holds the LEDs and power button.

When moving the motherboard to another case, move the power supply, too. The
power supply connector to the motherboard LOOKS like standard ATX, but the
voltages on the various wire leads are different than standard ATX.

.... Ben Myers

On Sat, 21 May 2005 00:17:02 GMT, "Paul_in_NC"
<paulwilliamsREMOVETHIS@REMOVETHISnc.rr.com> wrote:

>Hello.
>I am looking for a technical diagram/drawing for the motherboard of my Dell
>Dimension 4100.
>I am attempting to move it to a different case, and the pins where you plug
>in the power button, hdd light, power light (etc) aren't clearly marked, and
>I need the diagram so I can tell which plugs go into which pins.
>TIA.
>
>Paul

and to think ahead... the op will have the reverse problems with fitting a
standard motherboard into the old dell 4100 case... fwiw, current model dell
dimensions have standard power supplies but still have the proprietary
connector to the font panel connector (power switch, and leds).

> The easiest way to figure this out is to trace the wire leads from the
> motherboard to the mini-circuit board which holds the LEDs and power
> button.
>
> When moving the motherboard to another case, move the power supply, too.
> The
> power supply connector to the motherboard LOOKS like standard ATX, but the
> voltages on the various wire leads are different than standard ATX.
>
> ... Ben Myers
>
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 00:17:02 GMT, "Paul_in_NC"
> <paulwilliamsREMOVETHIS@REMOVETHISnc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello.
>>I am looking for a technical diagram/drawing for the motherboard of my
>>Dell
>>Dimension 4100.
>>I am attempting to move it to a different case, and the pins where you
>>plug
>>in the power button, hdd light, power light (etc) aren't clearly marked,
>>and
>>I need the diagram so I can tell which plugs go into which pins.
>>TIA.
>>
>>Paul

..... and proprietary USB connector in most models, not the standard 9-pin
arranged in a 5+4 pin setup. And the proprietary 3-pin fan connector with
locking clip... Ben Myers