How's Asus GeForce3 Card??

Frocer

Distinguished
May 28, 2001
I am currently hunting for a GeForce 3 card, my top choice was originally the 3D Prophet III, however, that card seems to be impossible to find, and the rumor about Hercules dumped nVidia just kindda made me slowly shifting away from that card. I read some posts and reviews about the VisionTek one having problem with 2D display, so I am leaving that one out of my choice. I just came across some website and saw the Asus V8200 GeForce3 based card, it seems like a nice card! Anyone got any experience with it? or know where I can find a review on this card? Another thing I noticed is Asus actually specified their DDR memory is 3.8ns, anyone know what kind of memory Hercules and VisionTek use?

I hope Asus is as good making video cards as they make motherboards, hehe. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
I spent some time looking at GF3's I made up my mind and got a Gainward...had their GF2 MX, never had a problem so I went with them again.

I won't have it long I am sure...just wanted to get one to see how it was.

My other choice would have been an Elsa

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
personally id go for the hercules card... its the best out... hercules are not dumping nvidia as such they are being clever and not falling into the trap of letting another company control them without owning them... keeping their options open with the kyro 2 boards...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

Frocer

Distinguished
May 28, 2001
Nah, Hercules is not the best, the best name probably, or I should say best known name. After reading series of reviews and comparison, the Asus V8200 actually got the highest score over the other 5 GeForce3 cards, mainly because of Asus's new board layout and driver modification. Gainward wins the overclock war, but since I am not really overclocking, I think I will go with performance. VisionTek is pretty fast as well but I don't wanna risk the 2D graphics though...