Question about USB hubs.

July 30, 2005 9:20:08 AM

I have several external hard drives.
Is it better to connect each hard drive to seperate USB sockets, or is
it OK to connect them all on a USB hub?

I've tested speeds of transferring between hard drives while connected
both to a hub.
I haven't noticed any difference.
(I didn't exactly do an exhuastive test transferring very large files.)

Thanks.

OM

More about : question usb hubs

July 30, 2005 4:21:37 PM

It generally makes no difference unless it is an unpowered hub and devices
power needs raise an issue.
--

!