Question about USB hubs.

I have several external hard drives.
Is it better to connect each hard drive to seperate USB sockets, or is
it OK to connect them all on a USB hub?

I've tested speeds of transferring between hard drives while connected
both to a hub.
I haven't noticed any difference.
(I didn't exactly do an exhuastive test transferring very large files.)

Thanks.

OM
1 answer Last reply
More about question hubs

    It generally makes no difference unless it is an unpowered hub and devices
    power needs raise an issue.
    --

    "OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have several external hard drives.
    > Is it better to connect each hard drive to seperate USB sockets, or is
    > it OK to connect them all on a USB hub?
    >
    > I've tested speeds of transferring between hard drives while connected
    > both to a hub.
    > I haven't noticed any difference.
    > (I didn't exactly do an exhuastive test transferring very large files.)
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > OM

Connection USB Hard Drives External Hard Drive Windows XP