Tool to assist copy to clip in DOSBox?

July 30, 2005 9:38:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.msdosapps,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I'm hoping there is a utility which I can leave running in the background
that will enable me to use right-click cut/paste options in a DOS Window
without having to use the cumberson menu method (Menu/Edit/Mark/Enter for
Copy, Menu/Edit/Paste - Why no shortcut keys?)

Anyone? Help appreciated

--
Will Cornish of Cardigan, UK - No nastier than you; No filthier than usual

To EMail Remove Anti-Spam Spaces: filthy-mcnasty @ btconnect.com
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:11:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.msdosapps,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

You do not anything special. You just need to get the settings set
properly.

Command Prompt Copy & Paste

This will set the QuickEdit Mode and the Insert Mode.

Right click the cmd.exe shortcut | Properties | Options tab |
Under Edit Options select both:
? QuickEdit mode
? Insert mode
Apply | OK

QuickEdit mode
[[Enables you to use a pointing device (mouse) to cut and paste, bypassing
the Edit menu.]]

This option provides a fast, easy way to copy text from (and paste text
into) Command Prompt windows with a mouse. You can highlight text with a
mouse and use the Enter key to copy the highlighted test to the Windows
Clipboard.

Insert mode
[[Enables you to insert text at the cursor. If this is not selected, text
that is typed at the cursor replaces existing text.]]

This option (on by default) allows you to insert text at the cursor
position. You can right click and paste.

Or...
Open a command Prompt | Right click the top border |
Properties | Options tab | Under Edit Options select both:
? QuickEdit mode
? Insert mode
Apply | OK | Place a tick in Modify shortcut that started this window |
Click OK.
-----

Highlight text with the cursor and hit the Enter key to copy to the Windows
clipboard.

[[By selecting the Quick Edit Mode check box, you enable copy and paste from
the Command Prompt window. To copy, select the text in the Command Prompt
window with your left mouse button, and then right-click. To paste, either
at the command prompt or in a text file, right-click.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:Xns96A38ABBB921Ffilthymcnastybigfoot@207.46.248.16,
Filthy McNasty <filthy-mcnasty@here.now> hunted and pecked:
> I'm hoping there is a utility which I can leave running in the background
> that will enable me to use right-click cut/paste options in a DOS Window
> without having to use the cumberson menu method (Menu/Edit/Mark/Enter for
> Copy, Menu/Edit/Paste - Why no shortcut keys?)
>
> Anyone? Help appreciated
>
> --
> Will Cornish of Cardigan, UK - No nastier than you; No filthier than usual
>
> To EMail Remove Anti-Spam Spaces: filthy-mcnasty @ btconnect.com
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:11:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win95.msdosapps,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Using at least one appendage, the entity known in this space-time continuum
as "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> revealed in

> This will set the QuickEdit Mode and the Insert Mode.

Sorry to cut short. Everyone has been very helpful, and, I think, I now
understand the settings and, more importantly, how to use them

However, DOSClip looks useful too:

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/screen/doscli3...

--
Will Cornish of Cardigan, UK - No nastier than you; No filthier than usual

To EMail Remove Anti-Spam Spaces: filthy-mcnasty @ btconnect.com
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 6:31:34 PM

If you want to screw around with something made for Win98, Win95 and MS-DOS
go right ahead.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes