Maximum Memory for L400 & C400 Notebooks

Mike

Splendid

We have a L400 notebook with 128mb ram and a C400 notebook with 256MB RAM.
Can I install a 256mb memory module in the L400 and a 256MB or 512MB module
in the
C400?

thanks,

Mke

the c400 uses pc133 type memory, and it may have either one 256mb module or
two 128mb module for your system total of 256mb.
the l400 uses pc100 type memory, and it probably has 128mb built in (not
user replaceable) and one 128mb module in the single expansion slot.
it is possible that the pc133 module from the c400 will work in the l400.
it can't hurt to try it. some pc133 modules are backwards compatible, some
are not.
the l400 can accept either a 128mb or 256mb module in its single expansion
slot (system max memory of 384mb when you consider the built in 128mb of
memory) so the question is if you have one 256mb module in the c400 or do
you have or two 128mb modules in the c400. if you only have 128mb modules
in the c400 then there is no point in replacing the single 128mb module that
you already have in the l400 with another one.

"Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We have a L400 notebook with 128mb ram and a C400 notebook with 256MB RAM.
> Can I install a 256mb memory module in the L400 and a 256MB or 512MB
> module in the
> C400?
>
> thanks,
>
> Mke

Mike

Splendid

Thanks, the L400 128MB and the C400 hAS 256MB

Mike

> the c400 uses pc133 type memory, and it may have either one 256mb module
> or two 128mb module for your system total of 256mb.
> the l400 uses pc100 type memory, and it probably has 128mb built in (not
> user replaceable) and one 128mb module in the single expansion slot.
> it is possible that the pc133 module from the c400 will work in the l400.
> it can't hurt to try it. some pc133 modules are backwards compatible,
> some are not.
> the l400 can accept either a 128mb or 256mb module in its single expansion
> slot (system max memory of 384mb when you consider the built in 128mb of
> memory) so the question is if you have one 256mb module in the c400 or do
> you have or two 128mb modules in the c400. if you only have 128mb modules
> in the c400 then there is no point in replacing the single 128mb module
> that you already have in the l400 with another one.
>

> "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> We have a L400 notebook with 128mb ram and a C400 notebook with 256MB
>> RAM.
>> Can I install a 256mb memory module in the L400 and a 256MB or 512MB
>> module in the
>> C400?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Mke

total memory count does not tell you if your have one or more modules.
tried to make that point in my previous post. open the machine and look at
the modules or look in the bios to determine precisely what you have.