Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba laptops bios failure system want power up

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 20, 2013 5:45:00 AM

I have a Toshiba Satellite A355D-S6889 laptop. I was doing a Bios update when it locked up. I let it run all night, hoping that it would correct itself. The next morning about 8 hours later, it was still at the same percentage. I tried to press the power button to restart it but nothing happen. I finally disconnected the power and removed the battery. I waited a few minutes and connected everything back. But to my surprise, when I pressed the power button nothing happen. The power light on the laptop indicates that it's getting power but it want power up. Is there anything that I can do to salvage my computer?
a b D Laptop
January 20, 2013 6:04:17 AM

You bricked it. You'll have to talk to Toshiba and send it in for them to fix, although if the bios chip is soldered to the board the motherboard needs replaced.
m
l
January 30, 2013 6:26:16 PM

unksol said:
You bricked it. You'll have to talk to Toshiba and send it in for them to fix, although if the bios chip is soldered to the board the motherboard needs replaced.

Thanks. That's what I figured.
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
January 31, 2013 12:03:32 AM

unksol said:

Hi :) 

^^^^^^ Absolutely correct and its NOT going to be cheap...think HUNDREDS...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!