overheating geforce 2 pro

G

Last week i bought a winfast geforce 2 pro 32megs.The hardware monitor is recording a chip edge temp of 40deg.[c] and a chip surface temp of 55deg.{c].Iwas wondering if these were acceptable temps for this card as i think they are a bit high.The card was straight out of the box,no overclocking or other modifications have been done.cpu temp35deg[c].system temp29deg[c].Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. TATTIE.

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Yep. I have the same card. No problems no lockups in 3D apps. I've noticed that the temps on my cards with GPU's are always significantly higher than normal CPU temps. Just run some games, if your getting mysterious artifacts or lockups then look into getting a card cooler.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

mpjesse

Splendid
Mine is a little lower- but I made some modifications to my HSF. I've got a eVGA GF2 Pro. Anyhow, 55C isn't a horrible temperature. You'll be ok.

"Signatures Still Suck"

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
Yeah my GF temps would be around there 50C-55C with a stock
HSF @220core. I wouldn't be concerned - unless it gets higher than that. You could put a CPU HSF on your GPU...I always do that first thing. But be careful to do it right if you go that way.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.