Radeon or GF2 or Kyro 2

G

Does a Radeon compete with a GeForce 2? How about a Kyro or Kyro 2, where do these fit into the equation? What beats a GeForce 3?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Nothing beats a GeForce3 currently.

Other than a GeForce3 the GeForce2 Ultra cards are the fastest all around performers right now. It's a bit of a Tossup between the GeForce2 Pro, Radeon64, and KyroII. They all pull ahead of each other in various benchmarks. However the speed edge goes to the Pro Card. Read around these boards on the KyroII. I cant speak too much on the KyroII. I've never used one yet so I have no experience. I do know that the picture quality on the Radeon cards are brighter and sharper than any GeForce line of cards. Plus if you ever decide to do any kind of Video in or Out the Radeon is the most versitile card period.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

The thing is, I have a GF2 Deluxe now, the V7700. If I went to a Radeon, would I be disappointed with it?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
If your looking for a huge boost in performance then yes. But if you are expecting a sharper picture and want to play with some of the features than no. Gamewise you could spend $20 on some materials to overclock your V7700 to come closer to the Radeon's performance. In some games even surpass it. Unless your looking for ViVo, which the Deluxe does to some point, but not as good. I recommend sticking with your GeForce2 and wait till the end of this summer for the Radeon2.

Start saving some cash!

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.