Is anyone able to tell me what is causing this?
I've been getting bizarre freezes in World of Warcraft on the new rig I built about a month ago. Basically, in completely irregular and unpredictable intervals, the game will "freeze" for one second, and then unfreeze and continue on as normal.
When I say it is completely irregular, I mean it is COMPLETELY irregular. I can play for 40 mins and not have it happen once, just to have it happen twice in 5 mins.
I've also been monitoring disk/cpu/network/memory activity and usage, and nothing spikes during the freezes. Apparently I've had this happen three times in other games (twice in APB and once in Killing Floor), but I've never had this issue happen in those games, so I am quite confused.
It states "Application Wow.exe locked the primary surface x time(s)"
Also keep in mind that I've run memtest86+ for 9 hours, the western digital data lifeguard diagnostic, and 3dmark vantage, with no issues in any of these.
I decided to run in selective startup, and only froze twice for 1 second over a period of almost 2 hours. Each time a freeze occured, if I looked at event viewer, it would appear that "The Application Experience" had entered either stopped or started state. Either way, the win32k error was not present at either freeze.
Not sure what is causing this, but I'm about ready to just give up.