SIS 6326 Chips- Board manufacturer identification?

G

I have a graphics card with an SIS 6326 chipset. The PC the card is in crashes on the screen saver unless the graphics acelerator is turned down to 50% I want to update the drivers but I dont know the who made the card. The SIS website recommends that any bios or driver updates should be obtained from the manufacturer. Does anybody have a clue how to identify the board manufacturer?

G

I tried the drivers from SIS. It blew my machine out of the water. Windows Protection fault at boot up.

Anybody got anymore ideas?

shuke

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
What version of OS did you have installed and what are your system spec. So far I had no problem with the card either with 98se or ME, with the generic SiS driver on a number of boxes.

It don't come easy.......not always.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If loading the SiS driver caused a boot failure, you probably have a PC-Chips video card-does it have a 3dPro sticker on the bios chip? That sticker is PC-Chips trademark.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

G

Nope, it doesnt have a 3dpro sticker on it! Probably removed by the distributer to caus maximum confusion!

G

Still on win95 to run software which wont run on 98SE or Me. About to go up Windows 2000 Pro soon and abandon the software. MIght abandon the video card at the same time!!! Spec - AMD 500Mhz, Gigabyte GA5AX motherboard, 128 Mb mem, 20 Gig HDD

shuke

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Win95 eh. Microsoft has an update program for those who use AMD chip, something to do with timing of something. Do you have this program installed? Since yours is a 550 you need to have it installed (350 and above). Go search for Amdupd.

it don't come easy.......not always.

G

I have it installed already. Couldnt run the system without it. I'd get a windows protection fault about 4 out of every 5 boots!

I have a set of older driver which are working out. A friend emailed them to me! Thanks for all the help.

LasLord

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2001
It could be an Acer graphics card. Is it AGP? try www.aopenusa.com and get a driver there...try the PG80 driver, I had one and it just might work.
Andrew LeBlanc