Problems with Nextel Permanent Install Kit with i730

Last response: in Network Providers
June 25, 2004 12:13:26 PM

I just installed the Motorola Perm Install Kit for my i730 and am
having 2 problems.

1. with the phone out of the cradle the speaker that comes with the
kit is giving an awful alternator whine. If I cradle the phone, the
whine goes away.

2. The dreaded Nextel click is audible in my conversations (heard at
the other end). Not sure about phone calls, but its happening on the
radio side. I will say that I have not yet installed the glass mount
antenna, but I don't expect the clicking to be in my conversations
when my signal strength is plenty good enough.

Any ideas on how to resolve these problems? Appreciate the help

Roveer
June 25, 2004 7:35:45 PM

What model year vehicle is this kit installed in? You can buy a noise
suppresser at Radio Shack and wire it in line with the power cable.

As to your clicking sound...your speaker may be too close to the cradle.
Once you install the external antenna most of the RF will be be going
through the antenna coupler in the cradle and out through your antenna,
therefore away from your speaker. I have experienced this with this kit
as well.

Also, I find that for some reason the hands free mode in cellular is
very hard for the receiving party to understand. Lots of echo and noise.
I have remedied this by plugging my headset in to the phone while still
using the car kit to charge and the external antenna to help with
signal strength. If you are traveling in remote areas the Wilson 3 watt
iden booster works wonders!

Good luck,

Mike

Roveer wrote:
> I just installed the Motorola Perm Install Kit for my i730 and am
> having 2 problems.
>
> 1. with the phone out of the cradle the speaker that comes with the
> kit is giving an awful alternator whine. If I cradle the phone, the
> whine goes away.
>
> 2. The dreaded Nextel click is audible in my conversations (heard at
> the other end). Not sure about phone calls, but its happening on the
> radio side. I will say that I have not yet installed the glass mount
> antenna, but I don't expect the clicking to be in my conversations
> when my signal strength is plenty good enough.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve these problems? Appreciate the help
>
> Roveer
Anonymous
June 25, 2004 8:41:40 PM

Installed into a 1998 Ford Explorer. I will try the noise suppresser.
I have one left over from an A/V install in another vehicle. I'll
also get the antenna installed and see if that helps with the
clicking. Thanks for your input.

Regards,

JHP...

!