I know you guys must get like 100+ of these threads everyday, so I guess I'll be number 101. I'm looking for a new laptop, I'm a student so it has to be somewhat portable, my budget is of approx. $700, not a big gamer but I would like to have the option.
1. What is your budget? $750
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Mid size. 13, 14, 15.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Best possible.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? Like I said, I'm a student so the longer the better. 4-5 Hours should be enough.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Not a big gamer.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) School, research, watching movies and TV shows, a bit of gaming, programing, photo editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB. SSD would be a plus.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Reputable site.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?I've had my current computer for about 9 years, I'm looking for something I can keep for 4-5 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM/Writer.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Doesn't matter. No Dell though.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Windows 8 was made with touchscreen in mind so touchscreen would be a big plus. I understand that a decent laptop with touchscreen under $750 is hard to come by so I'm expecting my laptop not to have one.
I've done quite a bit of research and these are the one's I've liked so far. If you have a better option I would love to hear it, or you can just give me your opinion on which of these seems to be the best.
Up to 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
14" HD 16:9 widescreen
1366x768 Anti-Glare display
Starting at 5.5 lbs
Up to 3 hours' battery life
Up to 1TB HDD storage and optional 16GB SSD
Up to 16GB memory
3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM up to 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost Technology 6M Cache Processor;
8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory, Expandable to 16GB
750GB 5400RPM Serial ATA Hard Disk
15.6" diagonal HD widescreen TruBrite® TFT LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)