Thumbnail images in Windows Explorer

July 30, 2005 6:52:17 PM

Is there anyway to enlarge the thumbnail image size when viewing jpeg and
other photos in Windows Explorer?
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 10:15:03 PM

Use TweakUI.

TweakUI
[+] Explorer | Thumbnails |
Thumbnail
Size (pixels):

Download TweakUI here >>>

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...

Tweak UI
TweakUI.exe
===

Tweak UI for Windows XP Guide
http://www.winxpsolution.com/Tweakuixppro.aspx

How do I alter the default size and quality of thumbnail images?
http://www.winxptutor.com/thumbnails.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:6215A512-0FEE-4D86-B457-1D109BC7F2F5@microsoft.com,
Susan <smshinagawa@juno.com.NO_SPAM.> hunted and pecked:
> Is there anyway to enlarge the thumbnail image size when viewing jpeg and
> other photos in Windows Explorer?
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:11:07 PM

You can download Picasa which is free and allows you to resize your
thumbnails

Wayne

Susan wrote:

> Is there anyway to enlarge the thumbnail image size when viewing jpeg
> and other photos in Windows Explorer?
July 31, 2005 2:20:58 AM

Yes, Cut and paste everything between the lines below and paste them into
notepad. Save the file as thumbview.reg and save it to your desktop. Make
sure you change the save as....drop down box to all files. Once the file is
saved on your desktop double click on the file to merge it into the
registry. Check your thumbnail view if it is not large enough then you can
increase the Dword number in the reg file, edit it with notepad. Be careful
because you are editing the registry. I would not increase it to more than
100.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"ThumbnailSize"=dword:00000060

"Susan" <smshinagawa@juno.com.NO_SPAM.> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to enlarge the thumbnail image size when viewing jpeg and
> other photos in Windows Explorer?
July 31, 2005 10:54:28 AM

Many thanks for this infom which was very helpful and relatively easy.
However, after reviewing all the links you provided, following the directions
to increase the image size, it does not appear that any new photo thumbnail
images are any different in size than those existing at the time I downloaded
Tweak UI. Am I missing something? Thanks, again, for your help! Susan

!