Geforce2 gts problem...

ianmills

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
Hi everbody!

I have a Chaintech geforce2 gts card. Anyways, it has it's cpu clock set to only 166MHz (should be 200) and memory at 310MHz (should be 333).

I've tried to use NVMax and gtu (or something like that) to change the settings. The problem is that upon reboot, the clock speeds get reset to 166/310...

The programs have options to set the 'apply the settings at startup' and 'change registry values' or something like that but they don't work (;_;)

Does anyone know how i can more or less permanently change the clock values (that is, so that i don't keep having to change the speeds upon startup)?

luvs and hugs ian

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hmmmm, maybe a Video BIOS problem? I use dirver version 6.31, with nVidia clock enabled by Geforce Tweak. Set my speeds, click the "apply settings at startup", and I'm done.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

ianmills

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
Thanks for your help! I ended up figuring it out. I had powerstrip installed (the shareware version) and it's just one of those STUPID NAZI MICROSOFT programs.... I remember reading somewhere that if powerstrip isn't registered then all overclocking changes made by it can't be made automatic by on reset.

Unfortunately when powerstrip is installed no other overclocking utility will properly apply changes on reset either. Powerstrip prevents those changes from happening.

But after i uninstalled powerstrip, NVMax worked like a charm.

luvs and hug ian

ianmills

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

it went back to the 166/310 clock speed :(
When i reset the computer the first time the settings stuck.......... but now they changed back..

Is there a way to change the clock settings in the registry?