AMD Athlon Xp 2000+ (1.67) cpu VS P4 1.4GHZ cpu

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

In two of these CPUs, which one is more powerful than the other?

Sry if i posted in the wrong group.

Happy wrote:
> In two of these CPUs, which one is more powerful than the other?
>
> Sry if i posted in the wrong group.

This would be more appropriate for the microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
group, but to answer your question.... in this case the AMD Athlon XP 2000+
would be better than the P4 1.4

H,

Take a look at Tom's Hardware website. The following is a link to their cpu section. Scroll down all the way down to CPU Charts links.
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/index.html

I also suggest you look into the hardware group at microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in news:SmWGe.6771$d02.1040338
@news20.bellglobal.com:

> In two of these CPUs, which one is more powerful than the other?
>
> Sry if i posted in the wrong group.

Depending on the actual model of CPU (there are more than one of each brand
that run at these same clock speeds), here are the approximate power
ratings:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 60-62 Watts
Pentium 4 1.4GHz 52-55 Watts

The actual power depends on various other factors such as voltage and what
the CPU is actually doing (idle, etc).

Oh, by the way - the Athlon is likely faster than the Pentium at most
things, too. I suspect that is what you really wanted to know. This, too
depends on other factors such as memory speed.