AMD Athlon Xp 2000+ (1.67) cpu VS P4 1.4GHZ cpu

In two of these CPUs, which one is more powerful than the other?

Sry if i posted in the wrong group.
3 answers Last reply
More about athlon 2000 4ghz

    Happy wrote:
    > In two of these CPUs, which one is more powerful than the other?
    >
    > Sry if i posted in the wrong group.

    This would be more appropriate for the microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
    group, but to answer your question.... in this case the AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    would be better than the P4 1.4

    H,

    Take a look at Tom's Hardware website. The following is a link to their cpu section. Scroll down all the way down to CPU Charts links.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/index.html

    I also suggest you look into the hardware group at microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    "Happy" <cathypham@sympatico.ca> wrote in news:SmWGe.6771$d02.1040338
    @news20.bellglobal.com:

    > In two of these CPUs, which one is more powerful than the other?
    >
    > Sry if i posted in the wrong group.

    Depending on the actual model of CPU (there are more than one of each brand
    that run at these same clock speeds), here are the approximate power
    ratings:

    AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 60-62 Watts
    Pentium 4 1.4GHz 52-55 Watts

    The actual power depends on various other factors such as voltage and what
    the CPU is actually doing (idle, etc).

    Oh, by the way - the Athlon is likely faster than the Pentium at most
    things, too. I suspect that is what you really wanted to know. This, too
    depends on other factors such as memory speed.

CPUs Support Windows XP AMD Microsoft