FQDN

How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal use, having
Windows XP with Service Pack2

Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
--
Thanks!
Kind Regards

    To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
    register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point your
    DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be better
    of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.

    "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal use,
    > having
    > Windows XP with Service Pack2
    >
    > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
    > --
    > Thanks!
    > Kind Regards
    > Atul

    Send your HijackThis (HJT) HJT logs here for evaluation

    pcbutts1@yahoo.com

    "pcbutts1" wrote:

    > To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
    > register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point your
    > DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be better
    > of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.

    > "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal use,
    > > having
    > > Windows XP with Service Pack2
    > >
    > > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
    > > --
    > > Thanks!
    > > Kind Regards
    > > Atul

    Thanks a lot pcbutts1! I am using Windows XP Pro. What is IIS? How can I send
    the hijackthis file? I mean what utility I need to run to create this file?
    --
    Thanks!
    Kind Regards

    "pcbutts1" wrote:

    > Send your HijackThis (HJT) HJT logs here for evaluation
    >
    > pcbutts1@yahoo.com
    >

    > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    >
    > > To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
    > > register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point your
    > > DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be better
    > > of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.
    > >
    > > --
    > >

    > > The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    > > NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    > > See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    > > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    > >

    > > "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal use,
    > > > having
    > > > Windows XP with Service Pack2
    > > >
    > > > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
    > > > --
    > > > Thanks!
    > > > Kind Regards
    > > > Atul

    The pcbutts1 you replied to is a troll. Some idiot using my name and posting
    bad info and stupid stuff. He is also using my email address and my valid
    domain name I will track him and cancel his account. To avoid replying to
    this trolls in the future check the message headers. As to your question you
    don't need hijackthis. To install IIS go here for installation info
    http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/tutorials/installing_iis_winXP_pro.asp

    > Thanks a lot pcbutts1! I am using Windows XP Pro. What is IIS? How can I
    > send
    > the hijackthis file? I mean what utility I need to run to create this
    > file?
    > --
    > Thanks!
    > Kind Regards
    > Atul
    >

    > "pcbutts1" wrote:
    >
    >> Send your HijackThis (HJT) HJT logs here for evaluation
    >>
    >> pcbutts1@yahoo.com
    >>

    >> "pcbutts1" wrote:
    >>
    >> > To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
    >> > register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point
    >> > your
    >> > DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be
    >> > better
    >> > of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >

    >> > The best live web video on the internet
    >> > http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    >> > NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    >> > See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    >> > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    >> >

    >> > "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Thanks for the information! Will take care of your note.

    Appreciate your prompt help!

    Thanks once again!
    --
    Thanks!
    Kind Regards

    Atul wrote:

    > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using
    > it for personal use, having Windows XP with Service
    > Pack2
    >
    > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!

    Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to
    achieve. The others have assumed that you want to create a
    web-site (for your own use). Is this correct?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Yes, that is correct. I would like to host the web site from my pc. I already
    have register the domain name on register.com.

    Please help me in configuring domain name which should direct to the web
    folder/virtual directory on my pc. I have IIS up and running.

    --
    Thanks!
    Kind Regards

    In article <25969F0B-60BC-488B-A976-455C3CD315DD@microsoft.com>,
    Atul@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > Yes, that is correct. I would like to host the web site from my pc. I already
    > have register the domain name on register.com.
    >
    > Please help me in configuring domain name which should direct to the web
    > folder/virtual directory on my pc. I have IIS up and running.

    Don't take this wrong, it's suppose to be taken in a positive manner,
    but if you don't already know how to do this, you're going to get
    compromised very quickly.

    If you can't understand IIS security and OS security, and you don't seem
    to understand IIS, then have your website hosted by a company that does.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    As someone else said you should realise the dangers of
    putting a machine on the Internet before you do so. In
    addition many ISPs only hand out temporary IP addresses to
    customer unless they pay for one. This would make it very
    difficult to host a site which is visible on the Internet.

    If you don't want to make it visible on the Internet, that
    is, you only want it visible from your network or your
    machine, then you can add the Domain Name to your hosts file
    (location c:\window\system32\drivers\etc or
    c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc) against 127.0.0.1. Add a new
    line to it.

    Many ISPs give subscribers a certain amount of space on
    their servers. Some will even allow you to point you own
    Domain Name to the space. Please consider this before you
    put a possibly vulnerable machine onto the Internet. You
    could create the pages on your machine and view them via
    http://localhost on your machine, and then move them up to
    your space on the ISPs server.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Atul wrote:
    > Yes, that is correct. I would like to host the web site
    > from my pc. I already have register the domain name on
    > register.com.
    >
    > Please help me in configuring domain name which should
    > direct to the web folder/virtual directory on my pc. I
    > have IIS up and running.

Support Microsoft Windows XP