Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FQDN

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal use, having
Windows XP with Service Pack2

Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
--
Thanks!
Kind Regards
Atul

More about : fqdn

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 6:45:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point your
DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be better
of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3E2E396F-33D9-4524-A888-3B68D0B68910@microsoft.com...
> How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal use,
> having
> Windows XP with Service Pack2
>
> Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
> --
> Thanks!
> Kind Regards
> Atul
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 6:45:55 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Send your HijackThis (HJT) HJT logs here for evaluation

pcbutts1@yahoo.com


"pcbutts1" wrote:

> To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
> register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point your
> DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be better
> of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.
>
> --
>
>
> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>
>
>
> "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3E2E396F-33D9-4524-A888-3B68D0B68910@microsoft.com...
> > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal use,
> > having
> > Windows XP with Service Pack2
> >
> > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
> > --
> > Thanks!
> > Kind Regards
> > Atul
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 6:45:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks a lot pcbutts1! I am using Windows XP Pro. What is IIS? How can I send
the hijackthis file? I mean what utility I need to run to create this file?
--
Thanks!
Kind Regards
Atul


"pcbutts1" wrote:

> Send your HijackThis (HJT) HJT logs here for evaluation
>
> pcbutts1@yahoo.com
>
>
> "pcbutts1" wrote:
>
> > To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
> > register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point your
> > DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be better
> > of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.
> >
> > --
> >
> >
> > The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> > NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
> > See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
> > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
> >
> >
> >
> > "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:3E2E396F-33D9-4524-A888-3B68D0B68910@microsoft.com...
> > > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal use,
> > > having
> > > Windows XP with Service Pack2
> > >
> > > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
> > > --
> > > Thanks!
> > > Kind Regards
> > > Atul
> >
> >
> >
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 8:00:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The pcbutts1 you replied to is a troll. Some idiot using my name and posting
bad info and stupid stuff. He is also using my email address and my valid
domain name I will track him and cancel his account. To avoid replying to
this trolls in the future check the message headers. As to your question you
don't need hijackthis. To install IIS go here for installation info
http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/tutorials/installing_iis...


--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:70809C5F-5ECD-4AA6-96AE-D30DCFA1242E@microsoft.com...
> Thanks a lot pcbutts1! I am using Windows XP Pro. What is IIS? How can I
> send
> the hijackthis file? I mean what utility I need to run to create this
> file?
> --
> Thanks!
> Kind Regards
> Atul
>
>
> "pcbutts1" wrote:
>
>> Send your HijackThis (HJT) HJT logs here for evaluation
>>
>> pcbutts1@yahoo.com
>>
>>
>> "pcbutts1" wrote:
>>
>> > To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
>> > register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point
>> > your
>> > DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be
>> > better
>> > of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> >
>> > The best live web video on the internet
>> > http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>> > NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>> > See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>> > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:3E2E396F-33D9-4524-A888-3B68D0B68910@microsoft.com...
>> > > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal
>> > > use,
>> > > having
>> > > Windows XP with Service Pack2
>> > >
>> > > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
>> > > --
>> > > Thanks!
>> > > Kind Regards
>> > > Atul
>> >
>> >
>> >
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 8:00:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for the information! Will take care of your note.

Appreciate your prompt help!

Thanks once again!
--
Thanks!
Kind Regards
Atul


"pcbutts1" wrote:

> The pcbutts1 you replied to is a troll. Some idiot using my name and posting
> bad info and stupid stuff. He is also using my email address and my valid
> domain name I will track him and cancel his account. To avoid replying to
> this trolls in the future check the message headers. As to your question you
> don't need hijackthis. To install IIS go here for installation info
> http://www.webwizguide.com/asp/tutorials/installing_iis...
>
>
> --
>
>
> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>
>
>
> "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:70809C5F-5ECD-4AA6-96AE-D30DCFA1242E@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks a lot pcbutts1! I am using Windows XP Pro. What is IIS? How can I
> > send
> > the hijackthis file? I mean what utility I need to run to create this
> > file?
> > --
> > Thanks!
> > Kind Regards
> > Atul
> >
> >
> > "pcbutts1" wrote:
> >
> >> Send your HijackThis (HJT) HJT logs here for evaluation
> >>
> >> pcbutts1@yahoo.com
> >>
> >>
> >> "pcbutts1" wrote:
> >>
> >> > To start you need XP Pro, IIS is included with XP Pro. Then you need to
> >> > register a domain name. Setup IIS, get your website setup then point
> >> > your
> >> > DNS to your IP. Sounds simply but since you had to ask you would be
> >> > better
> >> > of having an ISP host your site. Unless I misunderstood your question.
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > The best live web video on the internet
> >> > http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> >> > NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
> >> > See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
> >> > Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Atul" <Atul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:3E2E396F-33D9-4524-A888-3B68D0B68910@microsoft.com...
> >> > > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using it for personal
> >> > > use,
> >> > > having
> >> > > Windows XP with Service Pack2
> >> > >
> >> > > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
> >> > > --
> >> > > Thanks!
> >> > > Kind Regards
> >> > > Atul
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
>
>
>
July 31, 2005 8:59:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Atul wrote:
>
> How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using
> it for personal use, having Windows XP with Service
> Pack2
>
> Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
>
Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to
achieve. The others have assumed that you want to create a
web-site (for your own use). Is this correct?

Cheers,

Cliff

--

Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 8:59:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Yes, that is correct. I would like to host the web site from my pc. I already
have register the domain name on register.com.

Please help me in configuring domain name which should direct to the web
folder/virtual directory on my pc. I have IIS up and running.


--
Thanks!
Kind Regards
Atul


"Enkidu" wrote:

> Atul wrote:
> >
> > How can I set-up 'FQDN' on my machine. I am using
> > it for personal use, having Windows XP with Service
> > Pack2
> >
> > Early reply to this would be highly appreciated!
> >
> Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to
> achieve. The others have assumed that you want to create a
> web-site (for your own use). Is this correct?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff
>
> --
>
> Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
>
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:56:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In article <25969F0B-60BC-488B-A976-455C3CD315DD@microsoft.com>,
Atul@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Yes, that is correct. I would like to host the web site from my pc. I already
> have register the domain name on register.com.
>
> Please help me in configuring domain name which should direct to the web
> folder/virtual directory on my pc. I have IIS up and running.

Don't take this wrong, it's suppose to be taken in a positive manner,
but if you don't already know how to do this, you're going to get
compromised very quickly.

If you can't understand IIS security and OS security, and you don't seem
to understand IIS, then have your website hosted by a company that does.


--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me
August 2, 2005 12:06:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

As someone else said you should realise the dangers of
putting a machine on the Internet before you do so. In
addition many ISPs only hand out temporary IP addresses to
customer unless they pay for one. This would make it very
difficult to host a site which is visible on the Internet.

If you don't want to make it visible on the Internet, that
is, you only want it visible from your network or your
machine, then you can add the Domain Name to your hosts file
(location c:\window\system32\drivers\etc or
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc) against 127.0.0.1. Add a new
line to it.

Many ISPs give subscribers a certain amount of space on
their servers. Some will even allow you to point you own
Domain Name to the space. Please consider this before you
put a possibly vulnerable machine onto the Internet. You
could create the pages on your machine and view them via
http://localhost on your machine, and then move them up to
your space on the ISPs server.

Cheers,

Cliff

Atul wrote:
> Yes, that is correct. I would like to host the web site
> from my pc. I already have register the domain name on
> register.com.
>
> Please help me in configuring domain name which should
> direct to the web folder/virtual directory on my pc. I
> have IIS up and running.
>


--

Barzoomian the Martian - http://barzoomian.blogspot.com
!