windows task manager

July 31, 2005 9:22:44 AM

Hi,

It takes forever to retrieve/open the task manager. I have to hit the keys
about 20 times for the thing to appear.
Is that 'normal'? If not, how can I speed it up?
Thanks, vega

More about : windows task manager

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 9:22:45 AM

Scan for viruses.

Try Kelly's registry fix at
line 51 rt. column (Enable Task Manager)

Once Task Manager does run check the Applications tab for unexpected apps
running. Then check the Services tab (CPU column) to see what might be using
your CPU time.

Finally run Disk Cleanup.
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup

--
Michael

"vega" <1vega@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> It takes forever to retrieve/open the task manager. I have to hit the keys
> about 20 times for the thing to appear.
> Is that 'normal'? If not, how can I speed it up?
> Thanks, vega

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 9:48:09 AM

***oooops - problem solved.
I read some earlier posts. I did not realize that I can access task manager
by right clicking the taskbar. From there the task manager opens fine.
Vega

!