problems with my sound

July 31, 2005 2:25:31 PM

my sound card is manuf by Crystal Semiconductor, model Crystal WDM Audio
Codec witha cwbwdm.sys driver , version 5.1.2535.0 dated 1/7/2001 (there are
no updated drivers available). Just recently, I sometimes have had no sound
when I boot up, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. the message on
the tab is "cannot start, code10". I'm loath to uninstall hardware/software
as I don't have manuf disks, is this the only solution?

More about : problems sound

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 2:37:46 PM

Hi

Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

"Where did my Sounds go?"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups