XP "Classic Desktop", Dissapearing Task Manager Green Icon..

July 31, 2005 10:04:29 AM

Several years ago, we bantered about an issue regarding the small green
Task Manager Icon (in the System Tray). The problem was that upon XP
Bootup, in the "Classic" desktop mode, the small green icon wasn't
always visible.

Note thread:

>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...;

I've emailed Steven Lau and am awaiting a response...

In the meantime, does anyone know if there has been any movement to
abate this nagging issue?

--Tom
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 7:43:04 PM

This problem probably ranks right up there with Balloon tips hidden behind
the Taskbar.

I have a modified Classic theme. The only thing that isn't Classic is the
wallpaper, I use Bliss. I have the Classic Start Menu.

The green Task Manager icon will show up in my Notification Area about 20%
of the time.

Maybe this'll be fixed in Vista. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1122815069.189521.33920@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
tomj <twjenkins@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Several years ago, we bantered about an issue regarding the small green
> Task Manager Icon (in the System Tray). The problem was that upon XP
> Bootup, in the "Classic" desktop mode, the small green icon wasn't
> always visible.
>
> Note thread:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.wi...;

> I've emailed Steven Lau and am awaiting a response...
>
> In the meantime, does anyone know if there has been any movement to
> abate this nagging issue?
>
> --Tom
August 1, 2005 11:49:18 PM

tomj wrote:

> Several years ago, we bantered about an issue regarding
> the small green Task Manager Icon (in the System Tray).
> The problem was that upon XP Bootup, in the "Classic"
> desktop mode, the small green icon wasn't always visible.
>
> In the meantime, does anyone know if there has been any movement to
> abate this nagging issue?

Why is this a problem, exactly?

Cheers,

Cliff