XP "Classic Desktop", Dissapearing Task Manager Green Icon..

Several years ago, we bantered about an issue regarding the small green
Task Manager Icon (in the System Tray). The problem was that upon XP
Bootup, in the "Classic" desktop mode, the small green icon wasn't
always visible.

Note thread:

>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_thread/thread/278617d164046db9/6f1493c2e2cb777c?lnk=st&q=%22task+manager%22+icon+%22classic+desktop%22&rnum=1&hl=en#6f1493c2e2cb777c<

I've emailed Steven Lau and am awaiting a response...

In the meantime, does anyone know if there has been any movement to
abate this nagging issue?

--Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about classic desktop dissapearing task manager green icon

    This problem probably ranks right up there with Balloon tips hidden behind
    the Taskbar.

    I have a modified Classic theme. The only thing that isn't Classic is the
    wallpaper, I use Bliss. I have the Classic Start Menu.

    The green Task Manager icon will show up in my Notification Area about 20%
    of the time.

    Maybe this'll be fixed in Vista. ;-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1122815069.189521.33920@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    tomj <twjenkins@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:

    tomj wrote:

    > Several years ago, we bantered about an issue regarding
    > the small green Task Manager Icon (in the System Tray).
    > The problem was that upon XP Bootup, in the "Classic"
    > desktop mode, the small green icon wasn't always visible.
    >
    > In the meantime, does anyone know if there has been any movement to
    > abate this nagging issue?

    Why is this a problem, exactly?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

Desktops Green Classic Task Manager Windows XP